Really interesting interview with Craig Bellamy in the sports section today. Without mentioning Neil Warnock by name, Ballamy speaks of his experience as youth coach at Cardiff. These are a few things he says:

"A lot of people at he club were saying they (the young players) didn't have the quality. But I completely disagreed about that. I said, "I'm telling you now, you've got the players." They had the talent but the discipline was abysmal."

"The under 10s was like a creche, not an academy."

"At the under 18s they were getting battered. They had the ability but they didn't want to run."
"There have been 6 boys from my team (at Anderlecht) making their first-team debut already this season. Not one in 2 years at Cardiff. I tried and tried but I couldn't even get them into first team training."

"Development is something I love. Even as a first-team manager I would want academy players because that should be the heartbeat of every team as well as making it work as a business. I tried to change it at Cardiff because I'm from there. But you can't change above you. Everyone at the club has to believe in it. So it's from one extreme at Cardiff to another here at Anderlecht, where it's all about development."

I recommend reading the whole thing. It's a bit depressing about our current regime bearing in mind our recent performances and what lies in store.

I think Bellamy will be a very good manager one day. I hope he's ours.