Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    We could batter them now. Come on City!
    Clever boy

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 2 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

How did Nelson play?

Superb...has to stay ahead of Morrison.

Awful half an hour but after that we played some decent football. From the family stand it looked like Ward went over the top with his challenge. Deserved win in the end though had Birmingham taken their early chances, the game might have been out of sight.

3 points needed next week now!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    How did Nelson play?
    MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    MOM
    I thought goats was MOM , his inspirational comments fired this one up

Really dont know what to make of that game. Freak or turning point?
    All I can say we showed a bloody sight more bottle with 10 men than we had with 11 against Swansea.

You don’t mess with Peltier

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    bamba on...

watched ralls all game been superb...
    He was as clueless as the rest of them in the first half

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    eeehhh straight red...ward off....a bit harsh I thought. Yellow....
    Definite red

Papering over the cracks and don’t understand how we won. More intelligent with 10 men than 11 shows what Warnock is slowly doing to us

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    You don’t mess with Peltier
    He's a beast, I wonder where he's ranked in the division of players not to mess with ??

After Ward was red carded we switched to 441 and the extra man in midfield made all of the difference

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought goats was MOM , his inspirational comments fired this one up
    I’m glad people are noticing this, it seems to work a treat.....Neil was just on the blower in fact

Curtis Nelson scores

cityvbirmingham3.jpg

Joe Rall's 1st goal

cityvbirmingham4.jpg

Ralls hat trick goal video and other snaps

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Xx7WBg...=17xc2vksok6uq

I'm still struggling to decide what to make of that game. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    After Ward was red carded we switched to 441 and the extra man in midfield made all of the difference
    Which is all we would have needed to do v the jacks, smother them. But no, just bent over instead.

Nelson started slowly, but played well overall. I think he needs to retain his place in the team next week. Does that mean Flint misses out if Morrison is fit?

Bamba looked off the pace when he came on, which isn't surprising when he's been out for 8 months, but I wouldn't want him to start anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I'm still struggling to decide what to make of that game. Just weird.
    I agree, hard to know what to make of it but it was entertaining. Terrible conditions, 6 goals, 2 penalties, 2 red cards and yet we still didn’t string many passes together. Worked their bloody socks off though...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Papering over the cracks and don’t understand how we won. More intelligent with 10 men than 11 shows what Warnock is slowly doing to us
    I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So who do you think decided the formation and tactics when we went down to 10 men ? The manager and coaches of course, who also decided how to change things around after the first twenty minutes, also who and when to bring on as subs (which directly lead to the third and fourth goals which sealed the game). We won because we were the better team over the last 65 minutes and scored more goals than the opposition. Simple really isn't it. Even their manager admitted it. Did you go to the match ? - if you did then you would have seen an exciting game with six goals, two red cards, two penalties and a City win - and yet apparently you are still not happy presumably because the performance and result doesn't fit in with your opinions against all things Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So who do you think decided the formation and tactics when we went down to 10 men ? The manager and coaches of course, who also decided how to change things around after the first twenty minutes, also who and when to bring on as subs (which directly lead to the third and fourth goals which sealed the game). We won because we were the better team over the last 65 minutes and scored more goals than the opposition. Simple really isn't it. Even their manager admitted it. Did you go to the match ? - if you did then you would have seen an exciting game with six goals, two red cards, two penalties and a City win - and yet apparently you are still not happy presumably because the performance and result doesn't fit in with your opinions against all things Warnock.
    Oh, look who's back. I see you finally pulled your head out of the sand. Where were you last weekend? Can you explain how the manager changed tactics after 20 minutes? Telepathty?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The same manager who could see we were overrun in midfield last week and admitted he got the formation wrong and STILL swapped a striker for a striker instead of bringing a midfielder on to help out...

Have a day off