+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ward sending off should be looked at.

Ward sending off should be looked at.

Warnock hates poor discipline. Madeley get it wrong?

Re: Ward sending off should be looked at.

Only saw it live at the CCS.... any footage of it?

Re: Ward sending off should be looked at.ed£

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    Only saw it live at the CCS.... any footage of it?
    Nathan Blake and Rob Phillips on Radio Wales both said it was a definite red! The referee definitely gave a few decisions to Cardiff, was the first a penalty? Despite this a good win today after a terrible first 25minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Nathan Blake and Rob Phillips on Radio Wales both said it was a definite red! The referee definitely gave a few decisions to Cardiff, was the first a penalty? Despite this a good win today after a terrible first 25minutes!
    TBF it was raining, those Brummies are used to it, I saw the weather on Peaky Blinders it was dead like today downpour and darkness , I was waiting for a Nick Cave song at half time.

Warnock didn't complain.
    In fact, I think there is a waxwork Warnock on the touchline....

You can see it here https://www.skysports.com/football/c.../report/409519 Can't argue with it being straight red

Definite red and not a bad thing Ward is out for a few games.

Makes us roll the dice

neither red cards were justified.....

Thought it was red in the ground, the reaction of the crowd was telling and the replay confirms it. Not sure why he gave the penalty in 1st half, not obvious from the Canton or the replay?

I bet Birmingham were sick going at HT 2-1 down, they battered us for 30 mins and should have been 3 or 4 up. They didn’t turn up in the 2nd half even after the red card, and we probably deserved the win 2nd half.

Both were definite reds, Ward went in with his feet off the ground and the Brum player led with a forearm smash!

I'm absolutely certain that the Ward sending off was a travesty of justice, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Thought it was red in the ground, the reaction of the crowd was telling and the replay confirms it. Not sure why he gave the penalty in 1st half, not obvious from the Canton or the replay?

I bet Birmingham were sick going at HT 2-1 down, they battered us for 30 mins and should have been 3 or 4 up. They didn’t turn up in the 2nd half even after the red card, and we probably deserved the win 2nd half.
    Pen was for a shirt pull was blatant from where I was in the ninian

Nasty challenge, red card all day long

Spot on i thought this could be a battering here,but what a turn around well deserved.

Shite tackle and the fans chanting his name after his stupid sending off were equally as stupid.

Ward should have got two reds for that tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ward should have got two reds for that tackle
    I can see why the referee gave it but I think it was as much a fall/slip as deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Definite red and not a bad thing Ward is out for a few games.

Makes us roll the dice
    Yes, no Ward or Glatzel for the next2-3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes, no Ward or Glatzel for the next2-3 weeks
    Omar it is time now to show how good you are.

Some of our players weren't being too clever when they kept sliding into tackles after the red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    neither red cards were justified.....
    Can't really comment on Ward's as is was the other side of the pitc to me, but the brummie leapt in, leading with his elbow. Definite red.

Both reds were justified, I thought so at the time, and have now seen them on the Quest highlights. The first penalty was for shirt pulling on Nelson so it seems. No appeal so thank goodness Ward can't play now, it will give Bogle a chance, and we'll have Madine on the bench I expect.

Both reds were right, but I'm not convinced about our first penalty or the disallowed Nelson goal.

A few debatable decisions, but the ref was pretty even handed with his calls.

Both reds were right & both penalties were right. Don't know why Nelsons goal was disallowed & they should have had a penalty for hand ball

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Both reds were justified, I thought so at the time, and have now seen them on the Quest highlights. The first penalty was for shirt pulling on Nelson so it seems. No appeal so thank goodness Ward can't play now, it will give Bogle a chance, and we'll have Madine on the bench I expect.
    Sky keep saying was for foul on flint but it wasn't,as Nelson jumped his shirt was pulled from behind, if they had TV angle from ninian side can see it's correct decision