+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ward sending off should be looked at.

Re: Ward sending off should be looked at.

It not only was poor but bloody stupid of him to dive in with both feet off the ground like that, no excusing that lack of professionalism in my view, could so easily have cost us 3 points.

We look better without Ward anyway, hopefully this gives Bogle or Paterson a real chance to show what they can do with a run of games

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I can see why the referee gave it but I think it was as much a fall/slip as deliberate.
    As clear and obvious red as you’ll see.

A really stupid tackle (was there something going on beforehand that caused him to react that way?) and you can see from the reaction of at least 5 Birmingham players that is was a really poor challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Omar it is time now to show how good you are.
    Omar and Tomlin please.

It was a red card tackle. Of course, he could have got away with a yellow if the ref was feeling generous, but he gave a red and it would never be overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Both reds were right, but I'm not convinced about our first penalty or the disallowed Nelson goal.

A few debatable decisions, but the ref was pretty even handed with his calls.
    I was surprised by our first penalty, but the ref had spoken to the defending players before the corner was taken because of they way they were pulling at our players. W hen the ball came in, one of them was clearly tugging a shirt. The reason I was surprised it was given was because we see it week in and week out and they are never given. Once that is given, when we are pulling shirts in their penalty area and we score, he has to be consistent and give them a free kick - chalking Nelson's 2nd off.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Shite tackle and the fans chanting his name after his stupid sending off were equally as stupid.
    Abso-fecking-lutely!

Couldn't believe they were chanting his name at that moment in time.