+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bennett

Bennett

He made a few good clearances and tackles today but for me isn’t cutting it compared to 2 years ago.

Is it time to drop him?

If so who could play there? Recall Cunningham? Try Bacuna, Nelson or Pato there?

Does Jazz get a chance once fit?

Re: Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He made a few good clearances and tackles today but for me isn’t cutting it compared to 2 years ago.

Is it time to drop him?

If so who could play there? Recall Cunningham? Try Bacuna, Nelson or Pato there?

Does Jazz get a chance once fit?
    Cunningham has torn his ACL, that said, Cunningham with a torn ACL would be a better option than Paterson.

It's a crying shame Coxe is a right back.

Allegedly Paterson is an international full back.

Ciaron Brown is the LB cover according to Warnock a few weeks back - although I bet he will put Joe Ralls in there before Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Cunningham has torn his ACL, that said, Cunningham with a torn ACL would be a better option than Paterson.

It's a crying shame Coxe is a right back.
    Coxe can play on the left (he was on the left wing for the Under 23s last Monday). I think Charon Brown would be considered as well.

I thought Bennett played better yesterday mind.

Opinions eh! I've defended Bennett against criticism recently.

I thought yesterday was the worst I've ever seen him play in a City shirt!

No real competition for he's place, that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Opinions eh! I've defended Bennett against criticism recently.

I thought yesterday was the worst I've ever seen him play in a City shirt!
    I thought he was terrible in the first half, but a lot better in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Coxe can play on the left (he was on the left wing for the Under 23s last Monday). I think Charon Brown would be considered as well.

I thought Bennett played better yesterday mind.
    Our fullbacks are one of the weakest parts on the pitch. I just think it’s time to make a change now, with mid table obscurity beckoning we may as well now start taking risks

I thought Bennett was excellent yesterday, defended well and put in lots of tackles and blocks, but couldn't really get forward when we were down to 10 men.

He was great yesterday in the second half

I watched the game on Cardiff City Live, the two commentators always big Joe Bennett up, in the same way they do with Marlon Pack.

For me, Bennett is a real weak link in this side. He gets turned inside and outside too easily, ball watches and loses his man far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I watched the game on Cardiff City Live, the two commentators always big Joe Bennett up, in the same way they do with Marlon Pack.

For me, Bennett is a real weak link in this side. He gets turned inside and outside too easily, ball watches and loses his man far too often.
    Our left-hand side has been a defensive liability this season. A few teams have clearly targeted it.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    No real competition for he's place, that's the problem
    Cardiff City fans: "Warnock should do more to develop young players"
    Also Cardiff City fans: "Our cover for that position is a young player Warnock seems to trust? This is not acceptable."