+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Striker Transfer Target

January Striker Transfer Target

Go get him, Neil! 🤪🤪

From the BBC:

Meet the top scorer in all four divisions

Step aside, Mo Salah. Out of the way, Harry Kane.

The leading goalscorer in the top four tiers in England is not Liverpool's Egyptian king or the England captain, but a lad from Dublin.

Deemed surplus to requirements by Bradford City, with the Bantams aiming to mount a promotion bid, Eoin Doyle was allowed to join League Two rivals Swindon Town on a season-long loan mid-August.

The 31-year-old hit the ground running after his switch to the Robins, netting on his debut and then hitting three braces in the space of four matches.

After a relative barren spell of three league outings without a goal, Doyle burst back into life last month.

He scored in the win over Walsall on Saturday, adding to his hat-trick against Crawley last weekend, to make it seven goals in a five-game scoring streak and help Swindon move into the automatic promotion places - behind Bradford on goal difference.

Doyle has scored 14 times this season - that's more domestic goals than multiple Ballon d'Or winners Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo combined.

It's twice as many as any other player in the fourth tier and puts him clear of Premier League top scorer Tammy Abraham (10), leading Championship marksman Aleksandar Mitrovic (11) and Peterborough pair Mo Eisa and Ivan Toney (12 each) in League One.

Re: January Striker Transfer Target

Which one ?

Mo Eisa or Ivan Toney ?

How about trying to persuade Peter Crouch to come out of retirement, he should be able to get his head to Etheridge's kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    How about trying to persuade Peter Crouch to come out of retirement, he should be able to get his head to Etheridge's kicks.
    Can't head the ball when it's gone out for a throw in

Omar Niasse again? he scored tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Omar Niasse again? he scored tonight.
    He would be very dangerous in the Championship

I think I'd rather we kept our money in our pocket for now.

Are Fulham really going to sign Bobby Reid this January?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think I'd rather we kept our money in our pocket for now.

Are Fulham really going to sign Bobby Reid this January?

Very much doubt it. They're worse than us for signing players then not using them. He's usually on the bench and he hasn't scored in 14 games , so they'll probably forget about him when they have their next six monthly manager sacking

Whatever we do please don't give Neil an opportunity to waste more money.

Got to agree with that. I'm a 100% supporter of Sir Neil, but his record on buying players, especially strikers, is terribk

Terrible

When was the last time we were approaching a transfer window that we didnt need to target a striker?

I really don't think they'll give him any money for another striker. Apparently he's put Gary Madine on Gumtree and EBay though, so if there's any interest that might change, but even then he's got to promise not to spend £10m on a player and send him out on loan.

I doubt if we will buy anyone if we don't pay for sala.
    Camarassa has played 3 minutes this season we should go for him.

James Collins from Luton could suit? Not sure what they’d want for him though.