+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nelson disallowed goal...

Nelson disallowed goal...

Why?

Re: Nelson disallowed goal...

I’m still none the wiser and I had a pretty good view from the middle of the Canton.

Was it the foul taking place to his right, someone was dragged to the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Was it the foul taking place to his right, someone was dragged to the floor?
    Flint was involved with one of their players and ended up on the floor, although I am not sure who was at fault (if anyone) despite watching it in slow motion several times. Nelson said in his post match interview that the ref claimed he had been fouling his marker. I can't see that either on a slo-mo run through of the incident. One or two calls went our way, but that one looks like an injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Flint was involved with one of their players and ended up on the floor, although I am not sure who was at fault (if anyone) despite watching it in slow motion several times. Nelson said in his post match interview that the ref claimed he had been fouling his marker. I can't see that either on a slo-mo run through of the incident. One or two calls went our way, but that one looks like an injustice.
    The ref indicated a shirt pull had occurred....no idea which of our players was involved. The goal looked good. Maybe he was balancing up his soft call for the penalty in the first half as none of us in the Canton had any idea why that was awarded, either. A lot of shirt pulling went undetected it's fair to say.

I missed this. What was the score at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I missed this. What was the score at the time?
    2-1. It was right at the start of the second half.

It seemed very soft to rule it out but still not as soft as our 1st penalty, which I have watched time & time again and I'm still baffled as to why it was given.

The ref had a talking to with all those on the goal line before the kick. Just before the ball comes in Nelson pulls off the goal line while his marker holds his collar and continues to with a fully outstretched arm. It was second or so before everyone challenged for the ball but the ref saw it and so did a lot of the Ninian at that end. It was soft by most standards but I think after his talking to the ref thought they were taking the mickey of him.

I thought he was climbing all over the defender, as the ref was pointing top him as if to indicate it was he who committed the foul (Nelson that is).

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    It seemed very soft to rule it out but still not as soft as our 1st penalty, which I have watched time & time again and I'm still baffled as to why it was given.
    Shirt pulling