+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still wide open

Re: Still wide open

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Why do you come on here Pearcey? I know you've been here for a long time and I'm all for you being here, but why come on a Cardiff board?

The question is purely out of interest and no more!
    I’m half Welsh so have a soft spot for the Welsh clubs. I support Wales in all sports and Glamorgan in the cricket. I get ST’s for the Wales games. It’s good to be able to talk about Wales on here as there isn’t much interest on the Reading messageboard.
    I always want to see Cardiff do well....apart from against Reading. Been posting on this messageboard or the one that preceded it for nearly a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m half Welsh so have a soft spot for the Welsh clubs. I support Wales in all sports and Glamorgan in the cricket. I get ST’s for the Wales games. It’s good to be able to talk about Wales on here as there isn’t much interest on the Reading messageboard.
    I always want to see Cardiff do well....apart from against Reading. Been posting on this messageboard or the one that preceded it for nearly a decade.
    Not much interest in Wales games on the Reading messageboard!!!!! F*cking heathens🤪

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When have we played well this season? I thought we did on Saturday after a truly horrendous first half an hour, we did pretty well at Hull and Millwall and Huddersfield weren't bad, but we need more than one properly convincing performance out of fifteen to start believing we are genuine top six material.
    The point is that almost anyone is top six material at this stage and, even given your natural antipathy toward Cardiff City, that includes us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City have been involved in two of the strangest games I've ever witnessed already this season: the 3-0 victory over QPR and yesterday's astonishing 4-2 win - not only the wettest game I've ever been at but also one of the weirdest. Those victories look much, much better on paper than they were in reality.

Warnock's mob regularly manage to drag the opposition into physical battles and their strengths come to the fore in such situations, but they look way behind most sides at this level in terms of genuine ability and that's guaranteed to hamper them in the long run. Personally, I'll be amazed if they finish in the top ten.

Yesterday was great entertainment and the points were welcome but I wouldn't read much into the result, particularly as Birmingham are no great shakes either.
    Wettest game ever has got to be the first home game of the season at NP against Southampton when Bothroyd made his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    The point is that almost anyone is top six material at this stage and, even given your natural antipathy toward Cardiff City, that includes us.
    There are 4 points separating 5th and 15th. What makes you think we could be roughly the best of that bunch in order to get to a playoff place? I don't see anything yet. I think our position in the bottom half is accurate. What do you base your opinion on? I base mine on what I see.

For what it’s worth Pearcey, I’ve always found you a thoroughly decent chap, and a genuinely all round good poster.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    For what it’s worth Pearcey, I’ve always found you a thoroughly decent chap, and a genuinely all round good poster.
    Absolutely! Hear hear!

Is this satire?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Is this satire?
    Just ignore him

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. I have taken a bit of stick on here recently so it’s good to see that I am not out staying my welcome with some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely! Hear hear!

Cheers my half bee friend.

Wettest game ever has got to be the first home game of the season at NP against Southampton when Bothroyd made his debut.
    And a last minute winner to boot from Steve Thompson I believe.
    Not a water proof poncho to be seen, everyone on the Bob Bank Terrace piss wet through.

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. I have taken a bit of stick on here recently so it’s good to see that I am not out staying my welcome with some on here.
    Ignore any stick. As far as I’m concerned you are one of the most level headed posters on here. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ignore any stick. As far as I’m concerned you are one of the most level headed posters on here. ��
    Cheers Tim.One day we will share another beer at Sophia Gardens.

Yes a top poster is Pearcey

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Funny how this sort of recognition and deserved praise never appears for the originator of this thread.....

Edit - Wrong thread

Funny how this sort of recognition and deserved praise never appears for the originator of this thread.....
    Heartbreaking !
    I'd love to be highly though of by some football fans I'll never meet. That'd be the mark of success .

Heartbreaking !
    I'd love to be highly though of by some football fans I'll never meet. That'd be the mark of success .
    Nice you acknowledge you'll never be highly though of . Now if only there was a reason for this ....

Not at all, I was just a bit curious about your interest in City. I suspected you may have had some connection.

Doubtless there are other people on this board from other clubs who just don't post as often.

The Board would be a worse place if Pearcey stopped posting.

Nice you acknowledge you'll never be highly though of . Now if only there was a reason for this ....
    Yeah, the reason is that I'm not trying to be popular because I'm not a politician or anything. It wouldn't be hard to say popular things you know.