+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Ward & Morrison & Glatzel out ...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

With Ward & Morrison & Glatzel out ...

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Neil has been loyal to all three over the past month or so.

Morrison & Glatzel have been fortunate to keep their place on the back of inconsistent (sometimes abject) performances. For me, despite his goals, Danny Ward is not the best we have available.

I am hopeful that the likes of Nelson & Bogle (among others who are now closer to starting), will have an effect on our 'style' of play.

Nelson in particular appears to have the composure that has been lacking at the back.

IF we beat Bristol City then our season may not be a damp squib.

Re: With Ward & Morrison & Glatzel out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Morrison & Glatzel have been fortunate to keep their place on the back of inconsistent (sometimes abject) performances. For me, despite his goals, Danny Ward is not the best we have available.

I am hopeful that the likes of Nelson & Bogle (among others who are now closer to starting), will have an effect on our 'style' of play.

Nelson in particular appears to have the composure that has been lacking at the back.

Bogle is the one for me, came on at Wigan, scored & looked a handful. Did more in his few minutes on Saturday than Ward did before the sending off. A run in the side for Bogle could be akin to signing a new striker, I definitely think he has something about him and Ward’s suspension & Glatzel’s injury could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Fingers crossed.

Bogle is crap. Remember him against Middlesbrough? He reminds me of Niasse, a lot of effort but no end product: He was barely scoring at league 1 level now he’s apparently the answer to our striker issues

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bogle is crap. Remember him against Middlesbrough? He reminds me of Niasse, a lot of effort but no end product: He was barely scoring at league 1 level now he’s apparently the answer to our striker issues
    I dont think Bogle is quite as bad as you say but he certainly isn't the answer to our forward problems. With him being touted as our best available striker, which is true, it just goes to show that Warnock is really really rubbish at buying strikers and/or developing them.

Nelson looks much more composed than Morrison and Flint.. I think most fans thought at the beginining of the season that Morrison and Flint are fine as individuals but not as a partnership, which is turning out to be exactly true. It's a shame that Warnock didnt see this and it's only when an injury occurs that he is forced to break up what I believe is the slowest centre back pairing in the division.

My worry is Nelson will be sidelined again when Morrison is fit.. we have 4 decent centre backs but the right combination isn't something I trust Warnock with.

When all 4 are fit the signs are Sol and Nelson would be the most effective, complementing each other. But flint and Morrison are real 'current' favourites of Warnock.

I quite like bogle. Think he looked decent a couple of seasons back before his red against Bristol City and he never really got back in. Funny that he should, in all probability now get a start against them.

Nelson looked decent enough but need to see more of him.

When players get the chance they have to take it I guess.

Having said that, as much as I like etheridge I thought smithies was unlucky to lose his place, felt he was looking decent for us. Perhaps the shots from distance against wba gave Warnock the opportunity to bring back in his no. 1.

Was I watching a different game to everyone else re Nelson? They nearly equalised when he pushed Pack out of the way, only to miss the header himself. His control is lacking and his aimless hoofs were worse than others. He’s probably a bit quicker and helps that he’s different to Flint and Morrison but he’s hardly the second coming.

Thought flint out in some good passes on Saturday. Nelson was terrible first half in my opinion. Didn’t win a header against their big forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Was I watching a different game to everyone else re Nelson? They nearly equalised when he pushed Pack out of the way, only to miss the header himself. His control is lacking and his aimless hoofs were worse than others. He’s probably a bit quicker and helps that he’s different to Flint and Morrison but he’s hardly the second coming.
    He struggled for most of the first half, but which one of our players didn't? I thought he gained confidence after his goal and his performance in the second half was enough to keep him in the team next week, as Bamba looked significantly off the pace when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He struggled for most of the first half, but which one of our players didn't? I thought he gained confidence after his goal and his performance in the second half was enough to keep him in the team next week, as Bamba looked significantly off the pace when he came on.
    Sol looked a mile off it bless him. Hopefully in a few weeks he will be back to his best. Needs more game time. Nelson deserves time but he’s currently my 4th choice.

It's got be a few games for Nelson, otherwise we are left with Sol Bamba who is nearly 35, just back from a long term injury and not fit.
    Or maybe Connolly if we can find him?

Like any other striker they need a chance and a run how folk can judge or call Bogle crap where he would need at least 3 or 4 games to show something and bed in , I do feel we should support our strikers not judge them when they have not had a chance .

I'd put Madine in the mix as well

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It's got be a few games for Nelson, otherwise we are left with Sol Bamba who is nearly 35, just back from a long term injury and not fit.
    Or maybe Connolly if we can find him?
    Where's our international full back Richards , I spotted him once in a City shirt , on his signing day .

In a straight line race I don’t actually think either Flint or Morrison are slow at all.
    I’ve seen both make up ground on strikers in a foot race.

Problem they have is when they are turned it takes them time to change direction.

I’d be careful about expecting too much from Nelson just yet. He struggled in individual battles with Juke and his passing was no better than Morrison or Flints.

He might have got a bit of an improved % from a few short passes back and forth, but quite a few of his longer balls were cut off.

Good to have an option, but let’s not forget Birmingham had 25 shots, scored 2 and could have had more..so it’s not like we are suddenly looking solid

As for Sol, he brought absolute chaos when he came on 😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Like any other striker they need a chance and a run how folk can judge or call Bogle crap where he would need at least 3 or 4 games to show something and bed in , I do feel we should support our strikers not judge them when they have not had a chance .

I'd put Madine in the mix as well
    I'll support him when he plays Sunday but I am entitled to call him crap, I don't need to see 5 games from him to think otherwise.

There’s no IF.
    We never win in Cardiff.

You could play 11 blokes from Barry Snooker club drafted in hung over from the night before and at best we’d get a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In a straight line race I don’t actually think either Flint or Morrison are slow at all.

Problem they have is when they are turned it takes them time to change direction.

I’d be careful about expecting too much from Nelson just yet. He struggled in individual battles with Juke and his passing was no better than Morrison or Flints.

He might have got a bit of an improved % from a few short passes back and forth, but quite a few of his longer balls were cut off.

Good to have an option, but let’s not forget Birmingham had 25 shots, scored 2 and could have had more..so it’s not like we are suddenly looking solid

As for Sol, he brought absolute chaos when he came on ��
    Neither of them are very mobile or quick to react.

My concern a couple of weeks ago on Flint is that he’d be bang up for this game and want to prove a point to Johnson.

He still might but I thought we’d play right into his hands with an opponent made for him, Diedhiou. We’d end up trying to bang balls in the air and it’d become a heading duel which Flint can win.

That has bizarrely fixed itself now by Diedhiou getting sent off v Charlton and this game being his 3rd suspended game.

Therefore I think we will have Andi Weimann, who is both fast and scoring again, he is everything Flint isn’t.

The interesting option is if Johnson goes with a partner for him.
    Either the Spaniard Rodri, who is fast but I haven’t worked out if he’s any good yet.... or Antoine Semenyo who is everything a raw 19 year old gives.
    Just as likely to speed past your defenders and rifle it into the net as he is to lose his head jump in two footed and get a straight red 5 mins after coming on (seen him do both these things).

If he plays Marley Watkins I will despair.

I “think” we could be.
    3-5-2
    Dan Bentley, Tamas Kalas, Ash Williams, Taylor Moore, Han-Noah Massengo, Adam Nagy, Andi Weimann, Antoine Semenyo, Callum O’Dowda, Jack Hunt, Josh Brownhill (if not injured).

He may play Baker instead of Moore if he thinks we need 3 units at the back to counter the Warnock-style.
    Moore is a bit more of a ball on the ground bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    There’s no IF.
    We never win in Cardiff.

You could play 11 blokes from Barry Snooker club drafted in hung over from the night before and at best we’d get a draw.

My concern a couple of weeks ago on Flint is that he’d be bang up for this game and want to prove a point to Johnson.

He still might but I thought we’d play right into his hands with an opponent made for him, Diedhiou. We’d end up trying to bang balls in the air and it’d become a heading duel which Flint can win.

That has bizarrely fixed itself now by Diedhiou getting sent off v Charlton and this game being his 3rd suspended game.

Therefore I think we will have Andi Weimann, who is both fast and scoring again, he is everything Flint isn’t.

The interesting option is if Johnson goes with a partner for him.
    Either the Spaniard Rodri, who is fast but I haven’t worked out if he’s any good yet.... or Antoine Semenyo who is everything a raw 19 year old gives.
    Just as likely to speed past your defenders and rifle it into the net as he is to lose his head jump in two footed and get a straight red 5 mins after coming on (seen him do both these things).

If he plays Marley Watkins I will despair.

I “think” we could be.
    3-5-2
    Dan Bentley, Tamas Kalas, Ash Williams, Taylor Moore, Han-Noah Massengo, Adam Nagy, Andi Weimann, Antoine Semenyo, Callum O’Dowda, Jack Hunt, Josh Brownhill (if not injured).

He may play Baker instead of Moore if he thinks we need 3 units at the back to counter the Warnock-style.
    Moore is a bit more of a ball on the ground bloke.
    Thanks Jursset ... I'll forward your game plan to Neil, so that he can adopt a counter strategy.

Thanks Jursset ... I'll forward your game plan to Neil, so that he can adopt a counter strategy.
    It’s a pleasure.
    I’m sure a man of Neil’s experience has his Plan A all worked out already.

It’s a pleasure.
    I’m sure a man of Neil’s experience has his Plan A all worked out already.
    It’s plan B and beyond that is the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

As for Sol, he brought absolute chaos when he came on ��
    You are right. His long balls were total garbage according to whoscored. However, it was nice to see a centre back whose instinct wasn't to whack it long, though I suspect Warnock will coach that out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You are right. His long balls were total garbage according to whoscored. However, it was nice to see a centre back whose instinct wasn't to whack it long, though I suspect Warnock will coach that out of him.
    Watched Ajayi for West Brom tonight.

Very good player ... now.

Watched Ajayi for West Brom tonight.

Very good player ... now.
    Testiment to our progression from youth academy to...