+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wales Kit

Re: New Wales Kit

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Ooh good shout. Any other kits that don't have the flag's colours in them? I can't think...
    India play in blue don’t they?
    Slovenia used to play in green but don’t any more.
    Northern Ireland.

Scotland often add a bit of red (usually the socks), England have had blue shorts in their time. The Netherlands, of course. Uruguay, New Zealand, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looks great to me.

The kit doesn't have to be the same colours as the flag. Not much blue in the Italy flag
    Don't they play in blue because it was the colour of their old royal family?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Don't they play in blue because it was the colour of their old royal family?
    jv71t9ywali01.jpg

Ooh good shout. Any other kits that don't have the flag's colours in them? I can't think...
    Germany play in white predominantly
    I'm sure there must be more.

where the hell has the orange come from ? ? ?

Red and White for me, alot like this years shirt, good job i like the last shirt as i have 2 of them

Not much yellow in the Australia flag.

It's a lovely kit, people on here really will moan about anything.

The boards boomers don’t like change do they.

He’s definitely not gay, there’s Maeby

Grown men moaning about football kits is jut peculiar in the extreme. For the kids who want to emulate their heroes and act out being them on the local park then great, but Dai (52) from South Wales giving the slightest hoot is beyond my comprehension. Clearly I’m in the minority and this is the reason why I didn’t care a hot about changing from blue to red. I can understand an adult wearing a replica kit to a match but they look ridiculous. Wearing them out and about at any other time is just ****ing odd behaviour and these people should be strung up along with men who stand up to wipe their arses !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Grown men moaning about football kits is jut peculiar in the extreme. For the kids who want to emulate their heroes and act out being them on the local park then great, but Dai (52) from South Wales giving the slightest hoot is beyond my comprehension. Clearly I’m in the minority and this is the reason why I didn’t care a hot about changing from blue to red. I can understand an adult wearing a replica kit to a match but they look ridiculous. Wearing them out and about at any other time is just ****ing odd behaviour and these people should be strung up along with men who stand up to wipe their arses !!!
    That was quite the leftfield turn at the end there, Lord D, unless I've missed that particular discussion.

FWIW I've had an interest in football kits since I was a kid so I'm probably guilty of clinging on to my youth in that regard, although one could say the same thing of football itself, or at least aspects of it. Wearing a shirt to the game is just wearing the team's colours, no? What next, a mandatory bidet in every home?

Grown men moaning about football clubs is also weird

Looks great to me.

The kit doesn't have to be the same colours as the flag. Not much blue in the Italy flag
    It doesn't have to be. But for most countries it is. Wales have traditionally played in all red, red and white and more recently, in a mix of red, white and green. And as has been pointed out, it looks like a Spain or Belgium kit. If it was original I might feel different about it, but it's not and I don't. I'm assuming the point of the OP was to stimulate opinion and debate. I don't buy football kits, but it's also my assumption that I'm still allowed to have opinions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It doesn't have to be. But for most countries it is. Wales have traditionally played in all red, red and white and more recently, in a mix of red, white and green. And as has been pointed out, it looks like a Spain or Belgium kit. If it was original I might feel different about it, but it's not and I don't. I'm assuming the point of the OP was to stimulate opinion and debate. I don't buy football kits, but it's also my assumption that I'm still allowed to have opinions about them.
    “And more recently”

Exactly. So they’ve changed over the years....

What a weird couple of things to be angry about

Have you ever considered not being annoyed about something?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It does look like a Spain shirt with our badge glued on

Oh don't be so f**king ridiculous.

It's stitched on.

**** I'd better write 5 paragraphs moaning about it in that case

Oh don't be so f**king ridiculous.

It's stitched on.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm not annoyed in the least. I just don't like the kit.

I'm not annoyed in the least. I just don't like the kit.
    I'm with you. I'm not bothered but I don't like it (not from the pictures I've seen).

And I certainly wouldn't buy one.

I would buy City shirts (as an adult) and wear them on matchday and also for 5 aside, but injury has ended my hopes and dreams of ever making it in the game

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The boards boomers don’t like change do they.
    Boomers are not snowflakes

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    “Boomers don’t like change”

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Boomers are the biggest snowflakes of all, they're terrified of anything new and different.

But that's for another 21 threads.

I'm going to buy this kit or ask for it for Christmas.