+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pay the Transfer Fee instalment.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pay the Transfer Fee instalment.

Can I ask what people on here would prefer to see in January if it was a case of one or the other - City paying the first, and second which is due soon I believe, instalments of the Sala fee or more transfer spending in an attempt to make it into the top six? Leaving morals aside for a second, I'd say the latter option is something to be avoided given the club's record in the transfer department in recent windows - definitely pay what is owed as far as I'm concerned.

I would certainly agree we should pay what we owe. If the Sala tragedy ends up costing the club £15million then obviously that's a major financial hit. However it's worth remembering that during 2018 we paid out around £35million in signing Madine, Murphy, Reid, Cunningham and Smithies (all still technically City players - none of whom featured in our last game). I reckon we would lose more than £15million of that outlay if all five were sold in January.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I ask what people on here would prefer to see in January if it was a case of one or the other - City paying the first, and second which is due soon I believe, instalments of the Sala fee or more transfer spending in an attempt to make it into the top six? Leaving morals aside for a second, I'd say the latter option is something to be avoided given the club's record in the transfer department in recent windows - definitely pay what is owed as far as I'm concerned.
    Even if we're leaving morals to one side and the choice is paying Nantes just under £6m or spending £6m on Gary Madine Mark 2m then my vote is for paying Nantes. Like most on here I'm embarrassed by the fee dispute (although legal and insurance technicalities are probably tying the club's hands) and I have little confidence in the recruitment process under this regime (some hits but too many misses). I would rather see the club stick with Bogle, Vassell and Glatzel up front (with Glatzel spending as much time as possible in the gym getting harder to knock over) and bring through u23s into midfield and the full back positions where we need competition.