+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Warnock has gone. Last game today, will be announced midweek. Replacement, Blackwell until the end of the season.
    Much as I would applaud that, there is no way it will happen.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

NML what the **** does he do

Think Cardiff performed much better today than what is usually on show. A typical slow start to proceedings allowed Bristol to assert themselves on the game but come the 25th minute Cardiff were clearly the dominant side until a 10 minute spell in the second half where a peach of a strike from Brownhill saw Bristol take home the spoils.

Cardiff hit the woodwork on 3 occasions today and created some decent scoring opportunities. Hoilett probably my pick for best performance for the men donning the blue shirt. Bristol only troubled Etheridge twice, with one effort finding the net. The chance that saw the goal was due to a lapse in defending from Nelson failing to stand his man up which forced Pack to make a decision, close down or stick close to Brownhill. He chose the former and Brownhill made the most of the space he was gifted.

Definite improvements can certainly be made but this was not one of those performances to get worked up about. Had Bristol turned Cardiff over with Warnock's men offering nothing I would surely be annoyed. After all I'm disappointed that the club chose to persevere with Warnock for another season when this summer represented the perfect opportunity to move on and pass the mantle.

Technically still in the playoff hunt (7 points off Bristol) not that I favour Cardiff to break into the top 6. But saying that Fulham were on 19 points at this stage 2 years ago and finished the season 3rd and winners of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    NML what the **** does he do
    His confidence is shot. You can see whenever he receives the ball he does not know what to do for the best. Losing pace has also affected him.

Much better derby day performance than the dross against the jacks, didn’t deserve to lose but it ended with the same result.

One quality finish from a long range shot the difference for the wurzels, who on that showing look about as much of a mid table side as the city. You’d not guess they were in the POs within touching distance of the top two on that performance.

Technically still in the playoff hunt (7 points off Bristol) not that I favour Cardiff to break into the top 6.

Completely deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Much better derby day performance than the dross against the jacks, didn’t deserve to lose but it ended with the same result.

One quality finish from a long range shot the difference for the wurzels, who on that showing look about as much of a mid table side as the city. You’d not guess they were in the POs within touching distance of the top two on that performance.
    If you can't score a goal, you deserve to lose.

It may be competitive but Championship standard is poor ,Wolves on tv now , to think we ran them all the way to the title 2 years ago .... nobody of their standard this season

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Or bogle does....
    Hate Sunday morning games.....do we ever do well? They are due for a win here too.....
    Bollllooooooox

Warnock has gone. Last game today, will be announced midweek. Replacement, Blackwell until the end of the season.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Bristol May have had the rub of the green but we have to look back and wonder where a goal was coming from.
    For all our huff and puff we didn’t create anything.
    I had a feeling last weeks win was just covering cracks and I am sure I am right.
    For all you dissolutioned people who keep talking about top 6. You should be more concerned with slipping into a relegation battle.
    The team we have and the tactics we adopt are way below championship standard
    We hit the woodwork three times. We had a couple of other shots which we went close. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. Did we deserve to lose? No. You are welcome to your opinion of course and we didn't look anything like a promotion chasing side. But to say we didn't create anything is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    It may be competitive but Championship standard is poor ,Wolves on tv now , to think we ran them all the way to the title 2 years ago .... nobody of their standard this season
    Agreed. I have seen Bristol and Sheffield Wednesday down here and both look incredibly average. The Swans were not much better the other week. Apparently were played off the park in the first half yesterday with the commentator stating that Sheffield Wed should have wrapped the game up by HT. The Swans went in at HT 1-0 up ??
    Fulham were even worse and they are tipped for promotion by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    We hit the woodwork three times. We had a couple of other shots which we went close. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. Did we deserve to lose? No. You are welcome to your opinion of course and we didn't look anything like a promotion chasing side. But to say we didn't create anything is just not true.
    Please list the chances we created ?

Please list the chances we created ?
    I stand behind the goal in the Canton. Bogle put at least one and I think he was the player who put another past the the left hand post in the first half. We also should have had a pen for NML being kicked in the chest.

Technically still in the playoff hunt (7 points off Bristol) not that I favour Cardiff to break into the top 6.

Completely deluded.
    What's deluded about that sentence? Cardiff are in the playoff hunt technically and then I personally state that I don't favour Cardiff to break into the top 6. So please feel free to explain the delusion.

I hate Sunday lunchtime kickoffs. Our fans were subdued for the entire match and almost completely silent in the last 10 minutes.

We'll get relegated with Blackwell in charge.

Another insipid performance without Joe Ralls, in case anyone was doubting his importance to this team.

Much as I would applaud that, there is no way it will happen.
    We'll get a sh1t Warnock. What's the point in that?

Marlon Pack gives us a bit more stability and possession in the middle. It's just a pity there's no end product.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Another insipid performance without Joe Ralls, in case anyone was doubting his importance to this team.
    No, he's one of the worst players to ever played football.

Miss him so much. We've regressed horrendously but he's always been a very good player at this level in the role he plays.

Tomlin wanted to win, Pack wanted to win, Nelson wanted to put in a second good performance, Hoilett and Peltier were professional. What were the others doing?

After the Swansea game Warnock said something along the lines of the players needing to win back the trust of the supporters. Since then Danny Ward has got himself sent off and those not aforementioned put in a lifeless performance today. No wonder the fans were so quiet.

Quite a few anonymous players today......surprised by the amount of empty seats (symptomatic of the performances..??) ...not a great atmosphere. And as another poster said, bringing on subs with 5 and 10 minutes to go is just ridiculous - the only time you do that is if you are defending a lead and under pressure...not when you want to WIN a game.
    Why do WOL keep saying NML is on fire???? He has lost pace, is bereft of confidence. Why is every ball into the area aimed at Flint?? Any subtle defender just nudges him off the ball. Never been a vocal critic of manager before but really it IS time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I hate Sunday lunchtime kickoffs. Our fans were subdued for the entire match and almost completely silent in the last 10 minutes.
    I agree, can’t be a worse time to play a derby....Friday night, we’d have won with a great atmosphere.....

2 things were confirmed for me today.
    This is definitely the weakest squad we’ve had at this level, and this is definitely the weakest championship since we arrived over a decade ago.