+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

The fact that I’m not overly bothered about losing 2 derbys and pretty much sealed our mid table finish shows what’s happened to this club.

Fans have lost faith in Warnock and patience in the team and that’s going to finish us off. The atmosphere and desire is what took us up 2 years ago as the football wasn’t any better and the tactics were just as strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Quite a few anonymous players today......surprised by the amount of empty seats (symptomatic of the performances..??) ...not a great atmosphere. And as another poster said, bringing on subs with 5 and 10 minutes to go is just ridiculous - the only time you do that is if you are defending a lead and under pressure...not when you want to WIN a game.
    Why do WOL keep saying NML is on fire???? He has lost pace, is bereft of confidence. Why is every ball into the area aimed at Flint?? Any subtle defender just nudges him off the ball. Never been a vocal critic of manager before but really it IS time for a change.
    Mendez-Laing plays like he is wearing clown shoes. It's unacceptable for a player at this level to miscontrol the ball so frequently. I know that Josh Murphy isn't exactly flawless himself, but he's better than NML.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The fact that I’m not overly bothered about losing 2 derbys and pretty much sealed our mid table finish shows what’s happened to this club.

Fans have lost faith in Warnock and patience in the team and that’s going to finish us off. The atmosphere and desire is what took us up 2 years ago as the football wasn’t any better and the tactics were just as strange.
    This.

I was angry watching the game. I'm angry that we lost. But not gutted. I'm just accepting of it. Even though they didn't create much, we did nowhere near enough to win. Instead of getting the best out of the squad, the manager just seems to be dragging them down. The tactics and game management for the last 10 minutes were pathetic and embarrassing.

I'm disgusted at the Wurzels (perhaps about 20 of them) who tried to rush the family stand earlier. I'm in the Canton but could see what was going on.

Got a text from my neighbour who takes his little'un and said that although they didn't get very far, the closest few looked demonic as if they were on drugs. He said that one of the stewards twisted their knee quite badly as well.

He (my neighbour) said that the little'un is a little bit too young to understand that they wanted trouble, so he told him that they tried to get over for a chat.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm disgusted at the Wurzels (perhaps about 20 of them) who tried to rush the family stand earlier. I'm in the Canton but could see what was going on.

Got a text from my neighbour who takes his little'un and said that although they didn't get very far, the closest few looked demonic as if they were on drugs. He said that one of the stewards twisted their knee quite badly as well.

He (my neighbour) said that the little'un is a little bit too young to understand that they wanted trouble, so he told him that they tried to get over for a chat.
    Without wishing to defend any poor behaviour, why would you put a family stand next to an away end?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This.

I was angry watching the game. I'm angry that we lost. But not gutted. I'm just accepting of it. Even though they didn't create much, we did nowhere near enough to win. Instead of getting the best out of the squad, the manager just seems to be dragging them down. The tactics and ga.me management for the last 10 minutes were pathetic and embarrassing.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Without wishing to defend any poor behaviour, why would you put a family stand next to an away end?
    I had no involvement in the planning of the stadium, but I think the architects didn't foresee toothless simpletons trying to attack three year olds.

Prevent trouble I guess. Probably concluded there'd be less trouble sticking kids next to the away end rather than the 18-30 lot in the Canton Stand opposite

Its worked to be fair, I can't recall anyone trying to get to the Family Stand other than Villa a few years ago

I was in the family end today and had a similar thought and I was unaware of that incident until now.
    I concluded that perhaps it was done because putting it next to the Canton end would probably be inviting trouble and having families nearby would hopefully cool down some hot heads.
    Other than that, it’s bonkers.

Appalling grammar ruined that to be fair.