+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Watson Steps Down

Tom Watson Steps Down

Shock ,maybe not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50325666

Re: Tom Watson Steps Down

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Maybe he'll stop banging on about "Labour anti- seminism" now. I do like his Remainer credentials though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Maybe he'll stop banging on about "Labour anti- seminism" now. I do like his Remainer credentials though.
    Well at least he had the balls to say what he thought.

Well at least he had the balls to say what he thought.
    Not very helpful though was it? And totally untrue to boot. Still, he gets my approval as a Remainer.

Not very helpful though was it? And totally untrue to boot. Still, he gets my approval as a Remainer.
    What was untrue ?

What was untrue ?
    The "Labour anti-Semitism is institutional" ruse.

What was untrue ?
    He's got a cracking diet to lose weight, that wasn't untrue. I'm going to try it myself.

Tom Watson seems to have upset some of the Blairite PLP (and journalists) by sending a resignation letter that says his reasons are personal not political, by being very warm and friendly to Jeremy Corbyn, and by not referencing any of the things that have divided them over the past 4 years. The letter was so comradely it has become a 'news story' for what wasn't in it, rather than what was.

I happen to know that Tom Watson is a nice chap. He's stood up against anti semitism in labour and paedophiles in all parties.
    He's been unwell, but perhaps he's a future leader when the current extreme nut cases have been sacked.

Ian Austin, former Labour MP urges his voters to back BoJo, he was raised/adopted by Jewish parents, alleged anti-Semitism within the Labour party might have influenced this!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Ian Austin, former Labour MP urges his voters to back BoJo, he was raised/adopted by Jewish parents, alleged anti-Semitism within the Labour party might have influenced this!!!!.
    The fact he's on the Tory payroll might have helped too

Bloody hell ,how stupid is that the Tories paying the wages of a Labour MP's, and I thought they where the party of financial sensibility.

At last we know his motives weren't a result of alleged antisemitism and how upsetting that is for a son of a holocaust survivor.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-rura...survivors-son/

Isn't it strange where one admires a man of conviction , such as Jeremy Corbyn , however one cannot offer the same admiration for a different and equally brave conviction , stance and view .

Bloody hell ,how stupid is that the Tories paying the wages of a Labour MP's, and I thought they where the party of financial sensibility.

At last we know his motives weren't a result of alleged antisemitism and how upsetting that is for a son of a holocaust survivor.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-rura...survivors-son/

Isn't it strange where one admires a man of conviction , such as Jeremy Corbyn , however one cannot offer the same admiration for a different and equally brave conviction , stance and view .
    No one ever said the Tories weren't stupid! Malevolent definitely but not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

It amazes me how you can compare Mr Corbyn to someone with a personal axe to grind. However, I'm sure being a trade envoy to Israel for the Tories keeps the wolf from the door.

He is the trade envoy to Israel

Do you know who employs Trade Envoys and what they get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    He is the trade envoy to Israel

Do you know who employs Trade Envoys and what they get paid?
    Is that information available on Google? And the massive bonuses that no doubt accrue too? If so, I'll investigate and let you know. Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking.

Is that information available on Google? And the massive bonuses that no doubt accrue too? If so, I'll investigate and let you know. Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking.
    Doesn't take much investigation.

They are voluntary unpaid posts appointed by the Prime Minister.

Cross party as well . Admittedly though most a Tory though there are several Lib Dem and
    Labour as well. And some do seem to claim a fair amount in expenses!

But they arr not Tory party appoiintments

Cross party as well . Admittedly though most a Tory though there are several Lib Dem and

Good for you. I see you've beaten me to the googling. So where did you get your information from; I'll have to fact check it.

Good for you. I see you've beaten me to the googling. So where did you get your information from; I'll have to fact check it.
    Who paid for this trip and many envoy type events like this ( worth a google )

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-wreath-laying

Just a coincidence that there is almost a 100% correlation between those who speak out against the labour leadership and those who end up in cushy roles offered out by the executive. This is a whole new angle on jobs for the boys.

Wow!
    The man speaks up against bad stuff and suddenly there's a race to defame him. It's a taste of what they'd like to do to all dissidents I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wow!
    The man speaks up against bad stuff and suddenly there's a race to defame him. It's a taste of what they'd like to do to all dissidents I think.
    It has to not be true to be defamatory.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wow!
    If it doesn't fit into the new messages you will be rubbished even within your own party , it's a form of a political cleansing , they survivers may in the end have to wear Maoists uniforms and match in unison.