+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traore

Re: Traore

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Actually, I don't expect he'd have signed Traore if he thought he already had anyone to cover the position.
    The point is he automatically goes for a tried and tested 30 year old instead of even contemplating putting a kid in. He won’t even let them train with the first team. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The point is he automatically goes for a tried and tested 30 year old instead of even contemplating putting a kid in. He won’t even let them train with the first team. Dinosaur
    But he's not a kid, he's 22

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes good memory , the Boro side was decent and packed with pace on that side. From what I remember of him he had good ball skills , was quick to recover and attack ,we do need cover there, I guess his wages won't be cheap though.
    What makes you think his wages won't be cheap?

On 15 January 2019, the club announced that they had tried to sell Traoré, but no offers had arrived, and neither was he able to find a new club. Çaykur Rizespor had to sell the player to abide by the rules on the number of foreign players registered in the team. He was then moved down to the U21 squad.
    If no one else wants him then he should be very cheap

Traore did well last time he was here, scored a good goal too. He's only on a short term deal until January and is probably not too expensive either. And we do need some cover with all the injuries we have.

That's quite right. I thought he was a good player, although it's been suggested that he's got an attitude problem, ( which I can believe because I THINK I'm right that he got arrested for producing a knife during an argument with Tottenham fans while he was at Arsenal).

Maybe looking retirement in the face will concentrate his mind and he'll start training properly . I'd love to see him succeed because I think he's very talented.

As far as this old cobblers from some people about sticking kids in for the sake of it, that's bloody stupid. I share their hope that we catch the next Gareth Bale , but that's not the case so we obviously don't select people who aren't up to the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    But he's not a kid, he's 22
    I’m talking about the youth in general, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    That's quite right. I thought he was a good player, although it's been suggested that he's got an attitude problem, ( which I can believe because I THINK I'm right that he got arrested for producing a knife during an argument with Tottenham fans while he was at Arsenal).

Maybe looking retirement in the face will concentrate his mind and he'll start training properly . I'd love to see him succeed because I think he's very talented.

As far as this old cobblers from some people about sticking kids in for the sake of it, that's bloody stupid. I share their hope that we catch the next Gareth Bale , but that's not the case so we obviously don't select people who aren't up to the standard.
    But he's only played about 150 League game and he's 30, so I couldn't see him getting any other offers. He's been with us a while too, in training.

Regarding "the old cobblers" about sticking kids in for the sake of it, we're talking here about a player who our manager has said has been signed as cover and also at other clubs someone who is 22 in January would not be classed as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Regarding "the old cobblers" about sticking kids in for the sake of it, we're talking here about a player who our manager has said has been signed as cover and also at other clubs someone who is 22 in January would not be classed as a kid
    Brown is 22years old and has also been capped at International level, if he’s not given a chance now he never will be? We also have two other players on our books that have played for us at left back, Jazz and Connelly, aren’t they now fit?
    Warnock has just conned Tan to have another of his favourites to get paid for sitting in the stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Brown is 22years old and has also been capped at International level, if he’s not given a chance now he never will be? We also have two other players on our books that have played for us at left back, Jazz and Connelly, aren’t they now fit?
    Warnock has just conned Tan to have another of his favourites to get paid for sitting in the stand?
    I don't think Matt Connolly is fit. He hasn't been consistently fit for years - sure he had major surgery on his ankle in the summer.

But Jazz is fit. Ciaron Brown was named by Warnock as cover for Bennett in the press conference after he made his NI debut. Cameron Coxe can play LB. I liked Traore in the previous loan spell - but this really does say that Warnock does not trust either Coxe or Brown despite talking both up in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think Matt Connolly is fit. He hasn't been consistently fit for years - sure he had major surgery on his ankle in the summer.

But Jazz is fit. Ciaron Brown was named by Warnock as cover for Bennett in the press conference after he made his NI debut. Cameron Coxe can play LB. I liked Traore in the previous loan spell - but this really does say that Warnock does not trust either Coxe or Brown despite talking both up in the past.
    Sooner this year is over the better.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sooner this year is over the better.
    I know what you mean. I feel jaded and we're not even midway into November!

Matt Connolly hasn't even got a squad number. He doesn't appear on the First Team Squad page of the website, he isn't listed on the back of the programme (unlike Brown, Coxe and Bolger), and he isn't a sponsorship option inside the programme (unlike Brown). He seems to have been airbrushed out of the club - after getting a contract extension in July 2018 taking him up to the summer of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I know what you mean. I feel jaded and we're not even midway into November!
    I feel exactly the same.

Can’t fault the fact he brought the club together top to bottom in his first season where he steadies us and the following season we went up, but it seems we are paying a very high price for what we got, we’ve completely ****ed this season up, all the talk of going for it wasn’t reflected in the transfer window. I feel let down, and I’m pissed off with Warnock.