+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Box Office PPV A New Low

Sky Box Office PPV A New Low

FFS if Chisora v Price wasnt bad enough this time we have 2 feckin You Tubers on show.

I presume Barry Feckin Hearn is involved.

Re: Sky Box Office PPV A New Low

As much as it’s a farce in boxing terms (they aren’t boxers no matter how hard they train bless them) can you really blame someone for picking up on the hype and making money from it? The amount of kids that will want to watch this shower of shit will be huge.

Money talks.

Don't buy it if you aren't interested? This will sell very well for what it is.

Think this has been driven more by Eddie Hearn, his son.

It's not for me but obviously people are interested in it because they made a lot of money last time.

Some things are just aimed at other people, no point getting annoyed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's not for me but obviously people are interested in it because they made a lot of money last time.

Some things are just aimed at other people, no point getting annoyed by them.
    A bit like people’s choices of political parties wouldn’t you say 🤣🤣?

It's a bizarre event, not least because there's a current world champion on the undercard but it'll make an absolute fortune. Not dissimilar to McGregor vs Mayweather but even more of a circus.

Like CB said, some things are just aimed at other people.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    A bit like people’s choices of political parties wouldn’t you say ����?
    Not really as that has a genuine impact on people's lives.

Is it though? It's not a real sporting event. People pay for sky sports to watch sports. This is a YouTube thing. Some people will want to watch it because they have vapid, empty lives. And they will pay to do so. Fair enough- let them.

Everyone else would have switch over anyway the moment it came on so see no harm in it really, it's not like you are being asked to pay for something that you would legitimately expect to be included in a sports package.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Is it though? It's not a real sporting event. People pay for sky sports to watch sports. This is a YouTube thing. Some people will want to watch it because they have vapid, empty lives. And they will pay to do so. Fair enough- let them.

Everyone else would have switch over anyway the moment it came on so see no harm in it really, it's not like you are being asked to pay for something that you would legitimately expect to be included in a sports package.
    Billy Joe Saunders is fighting on the undercard as is Devin Hanley (who will probably smash up Lee Selby in the near future) so there’s 2 good boxers on the card. Not that I’d personally pay PPV for those 2.

Also the people with “vapid empty lives” you mention will be teenagers and kids who make up the YouTube audience of the 2 erm.. headliners

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Billy Joe Saunders is fighting on the undercard as is Devin Hanley (who will probably smash up Lee Selby in the near future) so there’s 2 good boxers on the card. Not that I’d personally pay PPV for those 2.

Also the people with “vapid empty lives” you mention will be teenagers and kids who make up the YouTube audience of the 2 erm.. headliners
    Fair point on the undercard, didn't realise there was an actual event happening as well as the shitshow main event.

I know who the audience for the main event are. And I stand by my comments. Watching them do what they are good at on YouTube? Crack on. Paying to watch them fight? Nope. Find something better to do

Fair point on the undercard, didn't realise there was an actual event happening as well as the shitshow main event.

I know who the audience for the main event are. And I stand by my comments. Watching them do what they are good at on YouTube? Crack on. Paying to watch them fight? Nope. Find something better to do
    You can’t have a single fight on a whole PPV card

And lighten up, they’re kids. I’d say watching these fellas box is better than watching them play some game on the console or whatever the **** they stream.

You can’t have a single fight on a whole PPV card

And lighten up, they’re kids. I’d say watching these fellas box is better than watching them play some game on the console or whatever the **** they stream.
    You could though. Who's paying for it? They wont give a shit about the actual fights. It's milking idiots. Which I'm fine with ( but for the fair point that people who have already paid for sky sports might legitimately expect and want to see the actual boxing that evening).

You could though. Who's paying for it? They wont give a shit about the actual fights. It's milking idiots. Which I'm fine with ( but for the fair point that people who have already paid for sky sports might legitimately expect and want to see the actual boxing that evening).
    Not even Hearn is that stupid greedy to be honest. Yes there are idiots out there but how many people do you see buying single fights for 20 quid?

Not even Hearn is that stupid greedy to be honest. Yes there are idiots out there but how many people do you see buying single fights for 20 quid?
    You are failing to grasp this. This isn't a fight. The people who will pay for it won't normally watch fights. They won't watch the fights on the undercard. They just want to see their YouTube heroes scrapping. They will either pay £20 for that or they won't, but the existence of an undercard here is an irrelevance to those that will actually stump up for the PPV here.

You are failing to grasp this. This isn't a fight. The people who will pay for it won't normally watch fights. They won't watch the fights on the undercard. They just want to see their YouTube heroes scrapping. They will either pay £20 for that or they won't, but the existence of an undercard here is an irrelevance to those that will actually stump up for the PPV here.
    It's literally like people going to watch celebrity football matches etc. It's a bit of fun, which for a tenner, really isn't the end of the world.

It is a fight, just a really shite standard.

There’s enough on the card for others to have an interest in the event as well, I know several people who are looking forward to the fights on the undercard, yes the YouTube lot are bringing big hype I’ve already said that.
    I’ve grasped your point, I just don’t agree with it that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Don't buy it if you aren't interested? This will sell very well for what it is.

Think this has been driven more by Eddie Hearn, his son.
    Hearn was on the radio the other day saying he avoided the first time these two fought (last year) but after seeing the reaction couldn't miss the oportunity this time around.

Does anyone actually pay for LA / Vegas fights? I never stay awake to watch them. I'd never pay for one

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Hearn was on the radio the other day saying he avoided the first time these two fought (last year) but after seeing the reaction couldn't miss the oportunity this time around.

Does anyone actually pay for LA / Vegas fights? I never stay awake to watch them. I'd never pay for one
    If I’m out on the piss and go back to a mates house I’ll try my best, if I’m at home sober I’ll try and wake up and catch it on the fire stick but I can’t say I’m too disappointed if I fall back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Who knows, I've never paid for a PPV either.

Stream here if anybody wants to watch the new low https://www.twitch.tv/monkeymandela