Sometimes I read a thread that mentions a player and I think ' hey...what ever happened to him...' such is the case with Ronnie Bird...whom I remember flying through puddles at Ninian Park. Well, sadly this is what happened....
After retiring from football he took over as manager at Ebbw Vale and Bridgend Town before later returning to work with Jimmy Scoular as his assistant manager at Newport County. He left his post at the club during the 1978–79 season and later took over as landlord of the Golden Cross and Romilly Arms pubs in Cardiff.[3][6] His experience in the trade prompted Cardiff City to hire him to take charge of the several bars in the club's ground and he later took up a number of positions at the club including match day hospitality manager, manager of the players' restaurant and a commentator for the club's website. He was taken ill in 2003, originally thinking he was suffering from flu,[6] and was diagnosed with leukaemia.[8] He subsequently stepped down from his various roles at the club, although after recovering somewhat he later returned to commentate on matches again before he died in the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, in 2005.[3]

I remember you with affection Ronnie...and I am sure many others do also...