+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spurs v Sheff Utd VAR (and Burnley as well)

Re: Spurs v Sheff Utd VAR (and Burnley as well)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This is what gets me, thats a foul all over the pitch yet in the box it has to be a murder.
    The bbc text said he ‘flung himself to the ground, you can’t give a penalty for that. Unbelievable. At other times they are all banging on about ‘contact’. The bloke was hit in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The bbc text said he ‘flung himself to the ground, you can’t give a penalty for that. Unbelievable. At other times they are all banging on about ‘contact’. The bloke was hit in the face!
    By a swinging arm as well. Football is ****ing stupid because it’s left down to individual judgement and none of it is clear.

Should just have clear set standards and everyone sticks to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I watched the game and didnt feel it was a penalty then . Watching the vidoe I stick by my first impressions , BBC was right he threw himslef to the ground .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I watched the game and didnt feel it was a penalty then . Watching the vidoe I stick by my first impressions , BBC was right he threw himslef to the ground .
    Jimmy I have to disagree.
    I feel there was enough force on the shoulder to hold the attacker back.
    Was the attacker going to get it? Maybe not...but he was probably hindered in a yard or two to make that attempt due to that challenge.

Burnley’s first goal came from a corner that should definitely have been given as a goal kick, came off a Burnley player to go behind. They were denied a goal after a lovely header from Wood but the goal kick/corner incident was pretty obvious.

I’m dreading to think what mistakes the ref will make today for our game