+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Those players just were not good enough today.

Re: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Those players just were not good enough today.
    Agreed, but they were all Warnocks players playing his style and tactics.
    Bristol were at best average but we had no clue trying to create anything.
    Posters are saying we had a hatful of chances but what I saw was a City hitting the bar twice from outside the area. No other real opportunities.

Warnock sides are known for their doggedness and fighting qualities. There seems little fight in our players this season. The time is coming where a decision will have to be made about Warnock. If the right manager becomes available then it should probably happen this side of Christmas. If the right manager does not come along then all we can hope for (at best) this season is mid table mediocrity.

Can’t believe the first thing he says was about the ref not giving a penalty.

That’s the first interview I’ve seen of him this season and I don’t think he’ll ever change haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Can’t believe the first thing he says was about the ref not giving a penalty.

That’s the first interview I’ve seen of him this season and I don’t think he’ll ever change haha
    Was there a penalty shout, then? I didn't see one!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Has to be on about Williams kick on NML in the first half? If so then it’s never a pen and it’s embarrassing he’d mention it

We looked sh1te! Madine is a b1oody joke. Time for a big boot up the arse in all sections. In the space of a couple of weeks beaten by the Jacks and the Wurzels ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Has to be on about Williams kick on NML in the first half? If so then it’s never a pen and it’s embarrassing he’d mention it
    No he was on about Flint being dragged down in the box towards the end of the first half with a shirt pull.

Could well have been given - the Bristol player certainly stopped Flint jumping at the back post.

But both were tugging each others' shirts a few seconds earlier and in those situations - if the ref sees it - the defender always gets the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No he was on about Flint being dragged down in the box towards the end of the first half with a shirt pull.

Could well have been given - the Bristol player certainly stopped Flint jumping at the back post.

But both were tugging each others' shirts a few seconds earlier and in those situations - if the ref sees it - the defender always gets the decisions.
    Definite penalty in my opinion, it doesn't hide our other failings though

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When Baker and Flint were pulling each other’s shirt in the box.
    It’s why Warnock stormed up the the ref at the end.
    Warnock said the ref told him they were both as guilty as each other.

So Warnock said:
    “but it prevented Flinty getting a header in so its a penalty and you’ve got to be brave to give them and he obviously wasn’t.
    Hey but listen it was a cracking strike by the Bristol lad....”

Honestly.
    I will miss him when he’s gone.

Definite penalty in 1st half on Flint. We were unlucky to hit the woodwork a couple of times too.

The players can't be blamed, we actually played OK today, at least there was an attempt at football. Warnock has to take the blame again. Taking of Holiett and Tomlin, and putting on Paterson and Madine just about summed it up. And there were boos at the end , but not for the team just for Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Ah right, forgot about that.

Yeah both of them were pulling each others shirts, some weekends they're given and others they are not. Wouldn't even mention it if I were him but I guess someone has to take the blame

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Definite penalty in my opinion, it doesn't hide our other failings though
    It was a pen but that wasn’t the reason we lost. I actually thought we played pretty well after Bristol dominated the 1st 20 minutes or so, and we created bits and pieces without ever having clear chances. I thought that was Pack’s best game for us today, Tomlin looked decent and Nelson is developing but apart from that, not too many positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    It was a pen but that wasn’t the reason we lost. I actually thought we played pretty well after Bristol dominated the 1st 20 minutes or so, and we created bits and pieces without ever having clear chances. I thought that was Pack’s best game for us today, Tomlin looked decent and Nelson is developing but apart from that, not too many positives.
    Agreed that Nelson is developing however, Morrison will be back in the next match as one of Warnock favourites

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed that Nelson is developing however, Morrison will be back in the next match as one of Warnock favourites
    Instead of Flint hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Would rather see Bamba back. We miss his prescence at the back. He's always pointing here, shouting there, Things that Morrison nor Flint really do..

You can be the best manager in the World, but if you have 4 centre forwards who aren’t scoring goals, then you’re fcuked.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You can be the best manager in the World, but if you have 4 centre forwards who aren’t scoring goals, then you’re fcuked.
    If you were the best manager in the world you'd figure out a way of getting them the ball

First time this season we won all the stats but lost our home record, what does that tell us? Stats don’t matter only goals, we again scored a big fat zero!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Would rather see Bamba back. We miss his prescence at the back. He's always pointing here, shouting there, Things that Morrison nor Flint really do..
    Bamba looked way off the pace during his brief appearance last week.

If you were the best manager in the world you'd figure out a way of getting them the ball
    If You are the best manager in the world you wouldn't be as shit as Warnock at buying strikers

I just don’t think this is true. Most chances/shots in the league have we not?

Bogle has good chances today, Glatzel has missed loads. They’re just not good enough at putting them in

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I just don’t think this is true. Most chances/shots in the league have we not?

Bogle has good chances today, Glatzel has missed loads. They’re just not good enough at putting them in
    Have we really got the most chances/shots in the league? That is hugely surprising, it feels like we create very little. In that case I point you towards AfricanBluebird's point

Bogle had plenty of the ball.

Have we really got the most chances/shots in the league? That is hugely surprising, it feels like we create very little. In that case I point you towards AfricanBluebird's point
    No we haven't. We've had 217 shots, less than Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and Barnsley. Our shot accuracy is 32.7% - the 11th best record in the division.