+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Liverpool v Man City

Some game already

Liverpool 2 nil up inside the first 15 mins

Re: Liverpool v Man City

Should have been a penalty to Man City before the first Liverpool goal.

Definite handball before Liverpool scored

Salah offside, yesteday a player was a toe offside and goal disallowed var useless

It's a funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Definite handball before Liverpool scored
    Would they really have taken Liverpool's goal away and gone back to a penalty? So glad VAR didn't mess with Salah's goal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Would they really have taken Liverpool's goal away and gone back to a penalty? So glad VAR didn't mess with Salah's goal as well.
    I'm agree about Salah's goal, that's exactly the kind of marginal call that VAR should leave well alone. The handball was blatant though, and not only that, it stopped an almost guaranteed goal so yes they should have taken Liverpool's goal away and gone back for the penalty. It's the right decision and also would have been hilarious

The control and composure of these players is something els compared to what I watched earlier at CCS! Some very ‘clever’ fouling by Liverpool too which is often Man City’s style.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    VAR officials did during one of the UEFA nations league games

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    The control and composure of these players is something els compared to what I watched earlier at CCS! Some very ‘clever’ fouling by Liverpool too which is often Man City’s style.
    You’ll find that that will be reflected in their wage slips.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’ll find that that will be reflected in their wage slips.
    We should pay our players more then!!😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    VAR officials did during one of the UEFA nations league games
    Yes but against the mighty Liverpool?
    Doesn't fit the narrative.

FT 3 - 1

Entertaining game. Man City werent at it, but I was impressed with Sterling’s attitude. He didn’t stop trying to make things happen. Trent is a hell of a passer, anyone think he’ll move to midfield at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Entertaining game. Man City werent at it, but I was impressed with Sterling’s attitude. He didn’t stop trying to make things happen. Trent is a hell of a passer, anyone think he’ll move to midfield at some point?
    "A hell of a player" who can be got at defensively, so, yes, I agree a move into midfield could be his future.

When did VAR stop being used only for clear and obvious errors? It's current use is not what was envisaged when it was introduced and I reckon if it continues as it is, people will start deserting the game because it's robbing football of much of its spontaneity and joy.

Referees refereeing referees - ain't going to work.

I think most fans would agree that refereeing a game these days is not easy, the pace the game is played at, players trying to con them but it seems to me the standard of officiating is dropping rapidly. Therefore it's no surprise that putting VAR in place is having a number of teething problems, let's be honest it's a ****ing shambles. Bob, I don't think the hardened fans will desert the game but 'plastics' may well do unless the the whole approach to using the technology is revamped.

At the moment the only part of technology that has improved the decision-making is the goal-line application.

The whole idea of technological aid makes the television cameras a vital part of the sport (not just football) and TV companies (mainly Sky) an integral part of the game. If VAR becomes essential to the game is there a danger that Sky and others will have even more leverage in sport.

I'm not a fan of Liverpool, but they do deserve something this season after last year's near miss with so many points. Did anybody see the young Welsh lad playing at fullback for them the other night against Arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "A hell of a player" who can be got at defensively, so, yes, I agree a move into midfield could be his future.

When did VAR stop being used only for clear and obvious errors? It's current use is not what was envisaged when it was introduced and I reckon if it continues as it is, people will start deserting the game because it's robbing football of much of its spontaneity and joy.
    I said hell of a passer

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

At the risk of exclusively posting about Steven Gerrard today, he started off at right back for Liverpool didn't he