+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aw well I thought Nelson played well today

Aw well I thought Nelson played well today

Apart from that however it was dire.

I’d like to see Nelson have a run though- worth giving him a go next to bamba.

Flint and Morrison have both been bloody awful this season.

Re: Aw well I thought Nelson played well today

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

We were saying this on the way back to the car. How much we miss Manga as well.

We could have had him start the season next to Morrison, with the back-up plan of Bamba returning circa November, spent the £6million on a young defender to develop and we would not have conceded any more goals than we have done.

2 good games on the bounce for him. Well done to him.

thought Tomlin looked interested, which was good to see

Outstanding block in the 1st-half to prevent a probable goal. Hopefully he’ll get a run of games.

Not bad is he

He was one of the best today, Nelson, Pack, Tomlin and Hoilett all played well. of course Holiett and Tomlin were taken off!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He was one of the best today, Nelson, Pack, Tomlin and Hoilett all played well. of course Holiett and Tomlin were taken off!
    Tomlin showed a pretty decent turn of speed just before he was taken off to help out as last man at the back.

Flint is terrible. Can't defend on the floor. Can't get his head on the ball. Can't impose his physicality. He's a lightweight.

They did okay today but if Flint Pack and Tomlin had been lining up for Bristol City we wouldn’t have been that bothered by any threat they were likely to pose. Pack played well today but he’s not as good as Gunnarsson, Tomlin is good on his day but is inconsistent and Flint is too slow. There was a reason Bristol city never made the play offs with these guys in their team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Flint is terrible. Can't defend on the floor. Can't get his head on the ball. Can't impose his physicality. He's a lightweight.
    what game were you watching

For someone who has just come into the first team he was very good.

I thought Bacuna did OK as well.

I thought Pack was excellent, along with Hoilett our two best players

Nelson was our MoM, there's a lot of reminders of Danny Gabbidon in the way he moves & carries the ball. Nelson & Bamba for me at the back.

Flint was mediocre at best. He has no control & ends up giving the ball straight back to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I thought Pack was excellent, along with Hoilett our two best players
    Not sure I'd go along with Pack being excellent, but I agree he and Hoilett had good games - also agree that Nelson did well, but I'm struggling to think of much to get excited about after that.

He played very well. One of a handful to come out looking good

Comparing Pack to Gunnarsson is pointless, they're two different kinds of players. Pack is a far better passer of the ball than Gunnarsson, however doesn't have his tenacity and strength in the tackle

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Comparing Pack to Gunnarsson is pointless, they're two different kinds of players. Pack is a far better passer of the ball than Gunnarsson, however doesn't have his tenacity and strength in the tackle
    Not really pointless as they play in the same position so will draw comparisons

I agree with this. Bogle worked hard and I thought Pelts was solid, as he’s become. I didn’t think we were bad and if anyone deserves three points it was us.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I agree with this. Bogle worked hard and I thought Pelts was solid, as he’s become. I didn’t think we were bad and if anyone deserves three points it was us.
    We could still be playing now and Bogle wouldnt have scored. In fact, im not sure he would have scored if we were still playing now and the Wurzels left the pitch at 2pm as they did yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I still have the feeling he will make way for Morrisson now he is fit.
    Warnock has his favourites.