+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone on here that will still defend Warnock?

Is there anyone on here that will still defend Warnock?

I'm all ears.

Re: Is there anyone on here that will still defend Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm all ears.
    Yes me

I'd actually like to know if Warnock would still defend Warnock! It's over. This squad are nearly all of his signings which amount to tens of millions wasted and they are nearly all crap or just simply not up to standard in a pretty average championship this season. How on earth he has managed to sign 4 strikers (correct me if i'm wrong) during his time here, and they are all absolute piss is a genuine feat to be admired. Our defence is terrible and undermanned... who ****ing ok'd him letting Cunningham go and not signing a replacement until two days ago! I have 0 doubt our already underused academy is now completely redundant and may as well be closed down due to years of neglect.

He gave us one unbelievable season, and a respectable premier league campaign. He's going to undo absolutely everything in a matter of months.

I'm all ears.
    There will be, although i'd say that they'd be the type of fan that quotes Kenny Hibbitt, Alan Durban and losing to Halifax away on a freezing Tuesday night. He's done, been found out, run out of ideas, or should that be 'idea' The best thing he could do for himself and the club is to walk away, put his hands up and say that he's taken it as far as he can, and that he isn't going to make any progress for the 5 months that he has left with the club. He wont though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Yes me
    Come on then. What have you got?

The biggest disappointment for me isn't the fact that we're struggling and playing shite football, it's the fact that the club and manager hasn't used the experience and money of the premier league as a way of bringing in players with the potential to improve and develop into players that will show that they have ability. There has been zero planning, it seems Warnock has done what he wants.

Problem is to me it’s not hard to fix Warnockball. It’s a straight forward system that just relies on players doing exactly what theyre told with 100% effort from all and few mistakes.

It’s a 90% man management 10% tactics system but it seems all his players have slipped out of form at the same time.

I don’t think he’ll get them back playing and to me, it’s the end of him as a manager.

I'd defend him because he's arguably been the best manager we've ever had. I'm very grateful for what he's done for this club.
    Sadly the whole thing seems to have run its course now and it doesn't look to me as if the spark can be recaptured at this stage.
    It's a pity that the unprecedented success couldn't have been developed or at least preserved, and now we've got to start again .
    That'll take a long time I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'd defend him because he's arguably been the best manager we've ever had. I'm very grateful for what he's done for this club.
    Sadly the whole thing seems to have run its course now and it doesn't look to me as if the spark can be recaptured at this stage.
    It's a pity that the unprecedented success couldn't have been developed or at least preserved, and now we've got to start again .
    Warnock doesn't do development.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Granted you have made an admission that it's over for him, other fans who stick by this sort of mantra are absolute fools. Leicester sacked their 'best manager ever', and now look at them, they're even better. No room for sentimentality in sport.

Never been a support of Warnock, he should of been sent packing last Christmas.
    We might of had a chance with a different manager in staying in the premier, but we didn’t and he should of been sacked at the end of last season.
    He has to go now and a new manager ASAP to sort out the players and they have time to look at where to strengthen in January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The biggest disappointment for me isn't the fact that we're struggling and playing shite football, it's the fact that the club and manager hasn't used the experience and money of the premier league as a way of bringing in players with the potential to improve and develop into players that will show that they have ability. There has been zero planning, it seems Warnock has done what he wants.
    Agree totally.

What's this "unprecedented success" we've had under Neil Warnock then? Granted, what he did two seasons ago was very impressive, but he's been living off that for eighteen months now - he has not done anything that is without precedent at Cardiff City except, perhaps, buy more expensive duds than any other Cardiff manager.

He should have gone after the win at Old Trafford

Ah well, at least we let him piss even more money up the wall and undo pretty much all the hard work he did, leaving us sliding back to where we were when he took over

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's this "unprecedented success" we've had under Neil Warnock then? Granted, what he did two seasons ago was very impressive, but he's been living off that for eighteen months now - he has not done anything that is without precedent at Cardiff City except, perhaps, buy more expensive duds than any other Cardiff manager.
    Alot of our fans are easily pleased. We went up when we thought that we had no chance, that's fantastic, the consensus after that wasn't one of an opportunity that was to good to turn down, let's make something of this even if it isn't survival in the Premier league. The thought process seemed to be 'Oh well' 'Didn't see that coming' 'let's just turn up and see what happens' and now look at us, no thought and no planning. That's a disgrace.

I don't discuss my views with plastics

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    and we had much better players two seasons ago, hes got rid of them and replaced most with duds

I don't discuss my views with plastics
    Ha ha ha! So you won't defend him. Classic.

Alot of our fans are easily pleased. We went up when we thought that we had no chance, that's fantastic, the consensus after that wasn't one of an opportunity that was to good to turn down, let's make something of this even if it isn't survival in the Premier league. The thought process seemed to be 'Oh well' 'Didn't see that coming' 'let's just turn up and see what happens' and now look at us, no thought and no planning. That's a disgrace.
    People seem prepared to excuse our relegation, but, if you are looking for something unprecedented, then we did what no one else has done in the history of the Premier League with our 100 per cent relegation record for a club that has spent more than a single season in the top flight - that suggests that we didn't learn anything from our first season in the "best league in the world" and we now seem to be proving that we learned nothing from our our first season back in the Championship either.

Of course, you can't blame Neil Warnock for all of that, but I must say I was expecting a great deal better from a so called Championship expert this season.

Ha ha ha! So you won't defend him. Classic.
    I had a similar discussion maybe dispute with BLUE AWAY today, we should give Neil a chance to get us in a playoff position by the end of January - if we are floundering in mid table get a new manager in - in my view Chris Hughton

Fact is the club had no football nous in the boardroom. They went from cost cutting Slade to Trollope and crowds dwindling. Fans not happy, fans want Tan gone. Fans want Warnock. Fans get Warnock. Warnock knows there is no football nous at the club. Warnock tells Tan what is needed. Tan, after years of getting fingers burnt listens. Problem is, Warnock is a football manager from the dark ages, with 2/3 years left until he retires.

Club gets promoted. Fans think Warnock doing a great job. He can do no wrong. Fans defend style of football, some bring up stats showing that they don't play "hoofball". Club promoted. Fans vindicated. Tan vindicated.

Club tell fans PL will be a bonus season. Fans swallow it. Who cares that we conceded 5 again, we shouldn't even be here. Warnock escapes any form of scrutiny from fans and owners. Its a binus season. Take the money, run. Warnock building a team for next season, when we'll be going for promotion number 2. It'll be easy.

Championship has got wiser. Teams play football, good football. Fans don't want that, Warnock's style will sort them all out. Who wants all that boring passing when you can get the ball to the striker in one big punt? It worked last time. It's not working this time. Fans, so fickle, so quick to say they never liked Warnock's style. It isn't so good when you are not winning so often. Fans now want a footballing ethos and culture at the club.

Warnock has always avoided scrutiny. He has, if you listen to him, never actually made a mistake at all. Every loss is because of a refereeing mistake. Hard done by Warnock. His teams are hard done by too. That's where they dig in, we'll show them. And it works, at every club he has been at, it works. Until it stops working. Players suddenly start getting it in the neck from Warnock in private because, actually, it's not really the referee or the football authorities to blame. It's them. The players, The ones he spent lots of other people's money on. The ones he didn't really research that well. Then, when people start to question, hang on, is it Warnock's fault after all? He defends hisself, then sods off. Reputation always in tact. He's a survivor is Colin. His clubs, less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Fact is the club had no football nous in the boardroom. They went from cost cutting Slade to Trollope and crowds dwindling. Fans not happy, fans want Tan gone. Fans want Warnock. Fans get Warnock. Warnock knows there is no football nous at the club. Warnock tells Tan what is needed. Tan, after years of getting fingers burnt listens. Problem is, Warnock is a football manager from the dark ages, with 2/3 years left until he retires.

Club gets promoted. Fans think Warnock doing a great job. He can do no wrong. Fans defend style of football, some bring up stats showing that they don't play "hoofball". Club promoted. Fans vindicated. Tan vindicated.

Club tell fans PL will be a bonus season. Fans swallow it. Who cares that we conceded 5 again, we shouldn't even be here. Warnock escapes any form of scrutiny from fans and owners. Its a binus season. Take the money, run. Warnock building a team for next season, when we'll be going for promotion number 2. It'll be easy.

Championship has got wiser. Teams play football, good football. Fans don't want that, Warnock's style will sort them all out. Who wants all that boring passing when you can get the ball to the striker in one big punt? It worked last time. It's not working this time. Fans, so fickle, so quick to say they never liked Warnock's style. It isn't so good when you are not winning so often. Fans now want a footballing ethos and culture at the club.

Warnock has always avoided scrutiny. He has, if you listen to him, never actually made a mistake at all. Every loss is because of a refereeing mistake. Hard done by Warnock. His teams are hard done by too. That's where they dig in, we'll show them. And it works, at every club he has been at, it works. Until it stops working. Players suddenly start getting it in the neck from Warnock in private because, actually, it's not really the referee or the football authorities to blame. It's them. The players, The ones he spent lots of other people's money on. The ones he didn't really research that well. Then, when people start to question, hang on, is it Warnock's fault after all? He defends hisself, then sods off. Reputation always in tact. He's a survivor is Colin. His clubs, less so.
    Excellent summary.

I had a similar discussion maybe dispute with BLUE AWAY today, we should give Neil a chance to get us in a playoff position by the end of January - if we are floundering in mid table get a new manager in - in my view Chris Hughton
    So you want us to replace Neil Warnock with a younger version of Neil Warnock? May as well keep Neil Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post

**** me what a post