+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnocks Replacement.

Re: Warnocks Replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think they'll go for the other Bob Wilson.
    Actually I don't think they'll go for anyone for a while. Once we change there'll be an ajustment period and it's probably better to have a safe pair of hands in the present manager for the rest of the season whilst they look at alternatives.
    If we got some youngster with naive ideas of sunshine football at this stage of the season he could even get us relagated because we're in a position where we could travel up or down the league very quickly
    I agree. Things aren't particularly bad at the moment. The problem lies with the fact that I, and most of us here expected us to be at least in the play-off places at this stage in the season.

It's not happening at the moment, but we're not in the bottom few. As it stands, I can't see us going on any sort of run this year, whether it be win, loss or draws.

That greek fella said they wouldn’t start looking until after Christmas.

Mike Flynn . Would be a bit gutted for County but he has had a good run with them and hopefully he’ll leave the club in a strong position.

they more than likely are looking to see who is about... but then again christmas is coming many managers leave there respected positions for what ever reason during this time or just after so id have they will need to keep the options open somewhat also

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Bellamy is the obvious answer, maybe with an older, more experienced, assistant manager. Or Nathan Jones, I know he had a torrid time at Stoke. Or even Pulis. ANyone but Mike Flynn or Sol Bamba. (or Jepson and Blackwell). Or maybe Lee Johnson or Steve Cooper, although why would they want to come here??
    Bellamy is 40 already, he should already be in a management position.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Don’t worry folks.
    Bamba is our next manager 100%
    Might as well start planning Shrewsbury and Tranmere away already then

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Might as well start planning Shrewsbury and Tranmere away already then
    I'll keep my diary open for wet and windy Tuesday nights then

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Strange post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It would be good if we could forfeit the January window and have three the following season!
    Unless we sort things out with FIFA we won't be having a transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think they'll go for the other Bob Wilson.
    Actually I don't think they'll go for anyone for a while. Once we change there'll be an ajustment period and it's probably better to have a safe pair of hands in the present manager for the rest of the season whilst they look at alternatives.
    If we got some youngster with naive ideas of sunshine football at this stage of the season he could even get us relagated because we're in a position where we could travel up or down the league very quickly
    Why do you always assume that a young manager is going to fail?
    Frank Lampard did okay with Derby, didn’t he? And none of the teams at the top of the Championship have older managers, so there’s your argument chucked in a bin.
    Other clubs are far braver than Cardiff when appointing managers and it seems some people are happy with the proverbial safe pair of hands.
    What our current situation says is that under Warnock, we’re heading south - fast, yet he’s what some would call “a safe pair of hands”.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 11-11-19 at 11:41. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Frank Lampard did okay with Derby, didn’t he? And none of the teams at the top of the Championship have older managers, so there’s your argument chucked in a bin.
    Other clubs are far braver than Cardiff when appointing managers and it seems some people are happy with the proverbial safe pair of hands.
    What our current situation says is that under Warnock, we’re heading south - fast, yet he’s what some would call “a safe pair of hands”.
    Bielsa is 64. But yeah in general it's more of a younger man's game than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

No, I'm saying that any NEW manager, especially a youngster, will have an ajustment period, and we've already had our ajustment period this season. Another one straight away could put us in the relegation places.
    A new manager is always a risk , and we can't afford to take risks when we've already had a poor start. It'll be specially hard for anyone to work with this particular group of players if they want them to change their style altogether.
    I don't think it makes business sense for Mr Tan to risk his considerable investment being reduced to a league one outfit, so any change would have to be at the right time to at least preserve what he's got.

Bring Malky back.

I love Bamba but having him as a manager would be a disaster. This club needs a Bellamy but I can't see it happening. It'll be a safe pair of hands, 50+ in the Warnock mould I think

Steve Borley and Ken Choo have watched nearly all the games. Mehmet Dalman has watched a few as well. The Malaysian directors haven’t watched any but they are only on the CCFC board as Vincent Tans stooges or as favours for others back in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love Bamba but having him as a manager would be a disaster. This club needs a Bellamy but I can't see it happening. It'll be a safe pair of hands, 50+ in the Warnock mould I think
    Chris Hughton or Kevin Blackwell

Kompany and Bellamy and Legg.

Call it 'a project' and get the cheque book out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Which means he should be ready now.
    The names mentioned on here (Jepson, Bamba, Flynn etc.) would not encourage anyone to come here, not to mention changing the football philosophy.
    Message to the board - swallow your pride and bring him in around mid January

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Which means he should be ready now.
    The names mentioned on here (Jepson, Bamba, Flynn etc.) would not encourage anyone to come here, not to mention changing the football philosophy.
    Message to the board - swallow your pride and bring him in around mid January
    It will almost definitely be someone in that mould, I'm not sure anyone on here wants it to be, but it will be, particularly if Warnock has anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Why would kompany come here?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It will almost definitely be someone in that mould, I'm not sure anyone on here wants it to be, but it will be, particularly if Warnock has anything to do with it
    This is my fear.
    Posted earlier that Ken achoo, Dalmatia and Borely have watched all the games, but there is no football knowledge there. I think Warnock might have too much say in this outcome.
    Bam a for youth coaching and development for me.
    At least Bellamy would be open to suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    This is my fear.
    Posted earlier that Ken achoo, Dalmatia and Borely have watched all the games, but there is no football knowledge there. I think Warnock might have too much say in this outcome.
    Bam a for youth coaching and development for me.
    At least Bellamy would be open to suggestions
    Apologies for predicted texts. You know who I mean...

?

Didn't Kompany just quit management after two games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why would kompany come here?
    It wasn't a serious suggestion - although Bellamy might have an influence, and Cardiff could be a route to the Premier League (in the same way as Derby appeared to Lampard). But no - very hard to imagine that happening.

The same applies to my previous inspired call - Mikel Arteta - based purely on his appearance of total misery on the bench next to Pep. Life is obviously hell for him at Man City so Cardiff could be an escape route.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    ?

Didn't Kompany just quit management after two games?
    So he's available! Good!

I think he's still got the job title Player-Manager even though he's stepped back into mainly a playing role (and handed over more responsibility to Simon Davies). One article I read this week said that he was still the effective boss but has delegated a lot more to others in recent weeks. But as I said above - not a serious suggestion.

It wasn't a serious suggestion - although Bellamy might have an influence, and Cardiff could be a route to the Premier League (in the same way as Derby appeared to Lampard). But no - very hard to imagine that happening.

The same applies to my previous inspired call - Mikel Arteta - based purely on his appearance of total misery on the bench next to Pep. Life is obviously hell for him at Man City so Cardiff could be an escape route.
    Worth a shout. Artteta in the Bellamy mould, that is successful premier player who has played under the highest level of coaches.
    Not sure he would consider us though