Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
The issue is do the board ever plan anything? Warnock just happened to be available after poor managerial appointments post Mackay where Cardiff ended up with Trollope and his failed experiment that had Cardiff staring relegation in the face. Warnock was the ideal fit to sort out the club, and achieved well beyond expectation. Unfortunately for him his managerial career with Cardiff should have ended with a 2-0 away win at Old Trafford as opposed to a home defeat to rivals Bristol City.

I hope they find someone who is the right fit and can instill some quality into the side. But honestly not holding my breathe.
I think having such low expectations of the board lets them off the hook a bit too much; Dalman has nearly been with us 7 years now and given that Warnock described him as "the best chairman I've worked with" I don't think it's too much to ask that they plan something. It might not be successful, and it may be rushed more than they would have liked, but these are not owners/board members who have just took an interest in football last year. Pre-Warnock may have been a learning curve but they should not be so ready to jump into short-term'ism this time around.