Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I've been saying all season that a midtable finish but using the time to set a longer term plan in motion would consitute a successful season so now have some concerns that we're being forced into action rather than planning it out. I don't think that's ideal and is going to be real test for Dalman and co to get the right fit for what we want to do now and next.

Considering some of the successful managers we have seen recently (Sean Dyche had one season of experience with Watford finishing midtable in Championship, David Wagner was reserve team manager at Dortmund, Chris Wilder was found in league 2) and some of the not so successful appointments (Nathan Jones at Stoke after such a successful time at Luton, Marco Silva currently at Everton, Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid) then hopefully our fans give the new man time and don't judge too positively or harshly based on what they haven't or have done elsewhere.
The issue is do the board ever plan anything? Warnock just happened to be available after poor managerial appointments post Mackay where Cardiff ended up with Trollope and his failed experiment that had Cardiff staring relegation in the face. Warnock was the ideal fit to sort out the club, and achieved well beyond expectation. Unfortunately for him his managerial career with Cardiff should have ended with a 2-0 away win at Old Trafford as opposed to a home defeat to rivals Bristol City.

I hope they find someone who is the right fit and can instill some quality into the side. But honestly not holding my breathe.