+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warnocks Replacement.

Re: Warnocks Replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Which means he should be ready now.
    The names mentioned on here (Jepson, Bamba, Flynn etc.) would not encourage anyone to come here, not to mention changing the football philosophy.
    Message to the board - swallow your pride and bring him in around mid January
    How do we know what style of football Bamba would play?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How do we know what style of football Bamba would play?
    Has he ever played at a high level under world renowned coaches ?
    His career has really been in the lower leagues.
    I like him so I am not talking him down but everyone on here is talking about a gamble.
    To me, Bamba is another high level gamble

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Has he ever played at a high level under world renowned coaches ?
    His career has really been in the lower leagues.
    I like him so I am not talking him down but everyone on here is talking about a gamble.
    To me, Bamba is another high level gamble
    How do we know he hasn’t got a different philosophy though? I’m just replying to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    ?

Didn't Kompany just quit management after two games?
    I wasn't aware of that but checking it seems results have picked up dramatically since Simon Davies stepped into the manager role on match days.
    I've long thought Craig Bellamy would be a good manager and Cardiff is the obvious place to show it.

Big shift to Neil Harris on skybet and is current favourite. Mike Flynn in at second.

Read it and weep, people...

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

The bookies won't have a clue yet. It's way too early.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Might as well start planning Shrewsbury and Tranmere away already then
    Yep.

Let's get Quique Setien. We'll probably do nothing but it'll be mental.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

From that lot I would only take Pearson.

Bowyer

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    From that lot I would only take Pearson.

Bowyer
    Whats wrong with Bowyer? Done a great job at Charlton.

Harris outright favourite now.
    Feck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Harris outright favourite now.
    Feck.
    Yes but based on nothing. Bookmakers love a new manager market. On average there are at least three odds-on favourites before the actual appointment is made.

I've been saying all season that a midtable finish but using the time to set a longer term plan in motion would consitute a successful season so now have some concerns that we're being forced into action rather than planning it out. I don't think that's ideal and is going to be real test for Dalman and co to get the right fit for what we want to do now and next.

Considering some of the successful managers we have seen recently (Sean Dyche had one season of experience with Watford finishing midtable in Championship, David Wagner was reserve team manager at Dortmund, Chris Wilder was found in league 2) and some of the not so successful appointments (Nathan Jones at Stoke after such a successful time at Luton, Marco Silva currently at Everton, Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid) then hopefully our fans give the new man time and don't judge too positively or harshly based on what they haven't or have done elsewhere.

i) West Brom tried to change too much midseason and went down. Progression rather than revolution would see us right.

ii) It won't be Bellamy. It might have been but his name has too recently been linked to poor behaviour in terms of coaching young players and no experienced business owner would invite the stink that would follow his appointment at this time. Maybe in the future but not now.

iii) It won't be Bamba simply because he'll either want to do a player-manager role and that won't work in first job at this level or it will leave us short of defenders. He may be part of a caretaking unit or a coach under next manager but he won't be the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I've been saying all season that a midtable finish but using the time to set a longer term plan in motion would consitute a successful season so now have some concerns that we're being forced into action rather than planning it out. I don't think that's ideal and is going to be real test for Dalman and co to get the right fit for what we want to do now and next.

Considering some of the successful managers we have seen recently (Sean Dyche had one season of experience with Watford finishing midtable in Championship, David Wagner was reserve team manager at Dortmund, Chris Wilder was found in league 2) and some of the not so successful appointments (Nathan Jones at Stoke after such a successful time at Luton, Marco Silva currently at Everton, Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid) then hopefully our fans give the new man time and don't judge too positively or harshly based on what they haven't or have done elsewhere.
    The issue is do the board ever plan anything? Warnock just happened to be available after poor managerial appointments post Mackay where Cardiff ended up with Trollope and his failed experiment that had Cardiff staring relegation in the face. Warnock was the ideal fit to sort out the club, and achieved well beyond expectation. Unfortunately for him his managerial career with Cardiff should have ended with a 2-0 away win at Old Trafford as opposed to a home defeat to rivals Bristol City.

I hope they find someone who is the right fit and can instill some quality into the side. But honestly not holding my breathe.

Chris Hughton

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Chris Hughton
    Him or Lee Bowyer - I say that because of Dalmans connection with him

Has Ole been sacked yet. He'd definitely play the kind of football people here have been crying out for .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    One to consider, he's passionate ,a character ,been around big clubs ,has done very well with Charlton with limted recourses, and has already recived a conduct managerial ban ?

He's a massive racist who attacked an Asian man because he was Asian.

in fairness i posted earlier today regarding warnocks potential christmas time departure didnt think it would be this soon but thats the thing... maybe someone could caretake until christmas or early jan... many a manager leaves there respected positions around that time and there would be more potential on offer ?

Let's just say I'd prefer Michael Duberry

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    The issue is do the board ever plan anything? Warnock just happened to be available after poor managerial appointments post Mackay where Cardiff ended up with Trollope and his failed experiment that had Cardiff staring relegation in the face. Warnock was the ideal fit to sort out the club, and achieved well beyond expectation. Unfortunately for him his managerial career with Cardiff should have ended with a 2-0 away win at Old Trafford as opposed to a home defeat to rivals Bristol City.

I hope they find someone who is the right fit and can instill some quality into the side. But honestly not holding my breathe.
    I think having such low expectations of the board lets them off the hook a bit too much; Dalman has nearly been with us 7 years now and given that Warnock described him as "the best chairman I've worked with" I don't think it's too much to ask that they plan something. It might not be successful, and it may be rushed more than they would have liked, but these are not owners/board members who have just took an interest in football last year. Pre-Warnock may have been a learning curve but they should not be so ready to jump into short-term'ism this time around.