+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A win? A win in Cardiff?

A win? A win in Cardiff?

Surely most be some sort of wind up?

So today was my first game seeing Cardiff this year and I saw a few things I expected and learned a few things.

- Pack
    Still puts it in, lovely player. Always gives it his all and tries to create chances and tries to spread it out.
    I think we only let him leave because he needed a fresh change.
    Saw also his one thing that is his drawback.
    He picks up stupid yellow cards in first half of games, then either has to watch himself rest of game or risk getting sent off.
    His challenge to pull Watkins down from behind in front of the ref who still had both central defenders to beat was just stupid.
    He should have been sent off v Cardiff last time we played for 2 yellows.
    Ah Marlon, you take the bad with the good with him...

- Flint
    First time I’ve seen him since Boro and he’s getting worse.
    It’s always hard to criticize for defending for a goal scored outside the box but the more I see it the more you see how slow Flint is to get across.
    He’s really got to do better there.
    Also his route one tendency, **** I don’t miss that about him.
    Little sad to see in some ways because he gave us some great years.
    When Morrison and Bamba are back he should make way and you play Nelson with one of them?

Tomlin - Still can’t complete a game then. I thought he actually played well, but I don’t like giving that tosser credit so will leave it there.

Hoilett - Hes such a good player. Always thought it, still think it.
    Best Cardiff player every time I have watched them. He was again. Probably deserved a goal.

Mendez-Laing - How fast is this bloke? He could actually be a damn good player. He had a lot of pace but he also seems to lack confidence with the ball.

Nelson - Never seen this lad before but I thought he was excellent.
    I think him being as composed as he is made Flint look even more of a donkey and slow.
    Very good player and he seemed to be the one Cardiff defender willing to play the ball to feet and also come out with it a bit?

Warnock - Ah Neil. Our old mate Neil.
    I said earlier I will miss him and I will.
    Coming out remonstrating with the ref, talking of not given penalties (in the 1st half when it was 0-0 mins and didn’t decide the game).
    It’s all smoke and mirrors. Talk about decisions and refs and you don’t talk about his tactics.
    He won’t change now and we will lose a character when he retires.

So we’ve won in Cardiff.
    By actually playing worse than we did in Barnsley where we didn’t win.
    We still aren’t playing well and we are so light up front.
    Hopefully Diedhiou comes back a little more determined and a little less angry this time.

A draw would have been the right result.
    Then again a win for us at Barnsley was the right result so that all means **** all I guess.

I would add finally that I think Cardiff fans booing at the full time was unfair.
    I thought the team didn’t deserve that if I was to add my 10 cents.

Re: A win? A win in Cardiff?

Not the gloating post I was expecting to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Surely most be some sort of wind up?

So today was my first game seeing Cardiff this year and I saw a few things I expected and learned a few things.

- Pack
    Still puts it in, lovely player. Always gives it his all and tries to create chances and tries to spread it out.
    I think we only let him leave because he needed a fresh change.
    Saw also his one thing that is his drawback.
    He picks up stupid yellow cards in first half of games, then either has to watch himself rest of game or risk getting sent off.
    His challenge to pull Watkins down from behind in front of the ref who still had both central defenders to beat was just stupid.
    He should have been sent off v Cardiff last time we played for 2 yellows.
    Ah Marlon, you take the bad with the good with him...

- Flint
    First time I’ve seen him since Boro and he’s getting worse.
    It’s always hard to criticize for defending for a goal scored outside the box but the more I see it the more you see how slow Flint is to get across.
    He’s really got to do better there.
    Also his route one tendency, **** I don’t miss that about him.
    Little sad to see in some ways because he gave us some great years.
    When Morrison and Bamba are back he should make way and you play Nelson with one of them?

Tomlin - Still can’t complete a game then. I thought he actually played well, but I don’t like giving that tosser credit so will leave it there.

Hoilett - Hes such a good player. Always thought it, still think it.
    Best Cardiff player every time I have watched them. He was again. Probably deserved a goal.

Mendez-Laing - How fast is this bloke? He could actually be a damn good player. He had a lot of pace but he also seems to lack confidence with the ball.

Nelson - Never seen this lad before but I thought he was excellent.
    I think him being as composed as he is made Flint look even more of a donkey and slow.
    Very good player and he seemed to be the one Cardiff defender willing to play the ball to feet and also come out with it a bit?

Warnock - Ah Neil. Our old mate Neil.
    I said earlier I will miss him and I will.
    Coming out remonstrating with the ref, talking of not given penalties (in the 1st half when it was 0-0 mins and didn’t decide the game).
    It’s all smoke and mirrors. Talk about decisions and refs and you don’t talk about his tactics.
    He won’t change now and we will lose a character when he retires.

So we’ve won in Cardiff.
    By actually playing worse than we did in Barnsley where we didn’t win.
    We still aren’t playing well and we are so light up front.
    Hopefully Diedhiou comes back a little more determined and a little less angry this time.

A draw would have been the right result.
    Then again a win for us at Barnsley was the right result so that all means **** all I guess.

I would add finally that I think Cardiff fans booing at the full time was unfair.
    I thought the team didn’t deserve that if I was to add my 10 cents.
    Hmm actually agree with all of that.

Ps the booing was more frustration as once again we just didn’t show up at all and were beaten fairly easily in the end- by a side who looked fairly average themselves.

I would say today summed up our season really. Not totally totally awful- probably a 3/10 display and very uninspiring with predictable outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Hmm actually agree with all of that.

Ps the booing was more frustration as once again we just didn’t show up at all and were beaten fairly easily in the end- by a side who looked fairly average themselves.

I would say today summed up our season really. Not totally totally awful- probably a 3/10 display and very uninspiring with predictable outcome.
    Fans have no balance. You win they will applaud even when it’s 99% dreadful. Lose after a decent..ish performance and there were boos. Maybe more a comment on the intelligence of fans than the team. Oh I forgot one other old favourite, they lose equals ‘lack of effort and passion’. Scrape a win and it’s ‘didn’t they give their all’.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Fans have no balance. You win they will applaud even when it’s 99% dreadful. Lose after a decent..ish performance and there were boos. Maybe more a comment on the intelligence of fans than the team. Oh I forgot one other old favourite, they lose equals ‘lack of effort and passion’. Scrape a win and it’s ‘didn’t they give their all’.
    I thought today was pretty desperate really. Did you really think that was a decent performance? I’d give it 3/10 so maybe that’s not too bad for us this season actually.

But the boos weren’t about the individual display- was more frustration and the fans are starting to get very restless- well those that still go are, the rest are losing interest.

I think there will be thousands of empty seats again at the Christmas games- like under slade- unless things change quickly.

Are you the same Jursset that used to post on here - quite a sensible comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Yeah. We probably played better in the first 60 minutes of this match than we did against QPR, but today the opposition didn't switch off at two set pieces.

Not sure what's happened to this guy but fair play, gone from poor wum to a decent addition to the forum. Always good to hear the opposition view.

I'd agree with you really. Felt like a draw for me, our distance efforts hit the bar, yours the net. Not much else in it.

Far from our worst performance but further highlights our problems in the final third. Just didn't create enough and rarely worked the keeper.

A pretty fair assessment. Pack was good, you are right about picking up an early booking as he did have to watch it after that. Flint is slow, ponderous etc but should have won a penalty. Nelson was good, compliments our other slow centre backs. Tomlin was Ok, the only one with sort of creativity apart from Hoilett. So what does Warnock do, take of Hoilett and Tomlin and puts on two carthorses.

The booing at the end was not, I think, directed at the team, the players in particular, but at Warnock. He seemed to realise too , then gave one of his cheery, smiley, interviews on Sky.

You were due for a win over our place, it could have gone either way though. But a stunner of a goal from Bristol City. I'm starting to like Lee Johnson too! anybody seems good now compared to old misery guts.