+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dare I Say It?

Dare I Say It?

Last season after 16 games in this division:

Aston Villa W 5 D 6 L 5 F 24 A 23 Pts 21

This season after 16 games in this division:

Cardiff City W 5 D 6 L 5 F 23 A 23 Pts 21

Re: Dare I Say It?

I don’t think we’d go on the kind of winless streak that they did, even further from that point I don’t think we’re capable of putting the kind of winning streak together that they did to get into the playoffs.

Mid table obscurity beckons. If we’re still mid table after the Xmas run of games, we should cut our losses with Warnock and get someone in who will be longer term, so they’ve got time to start planning with the current squad.

Villa sacked Bruce and it rejuvenated their season hmmm

Villa did make a slow start last season but with players of the quality of Abraham, Grealish, Kodjia, McGinn etc they were always going to click eventually. Our squad is nowhere near their's of 18/19.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I don’t think we’d go on the kind of winless streak that they did, even further from that point I don’t think we’re capable of putting the kind of winning streak together that they did to get into the playoffs.

Mid table obscurity beckons. If we’re still mid table after the Xmas run of games, we should cut our losses with Warnock and get someone in who will be longer term, so they’ve got time to start planning with the current squad.
    Neither do I.

However, Villa made a change of managers and it worked a treat. Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Villa did make a slow start last season but with players of the quality of Abraham, Grealish, Kodjia, McGinn etc they were always going to click eventually. Our squad is nowhere near their's of 18/19.
    Like Stoke's have since relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither do I.

However, Villa made a change of managers and it worked a treat. Just saying.....
    It did eventually but they went 3 months without winning a game after Dean Smith took over and then they won 10 games on the trot.

I’m not convinced anyone will get enough from this squad to get us challenging for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Like Stoke's have since relegation?
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke make the play offs. Michael O Neil's a good appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke make the play offs. Michael O Neil's a good appointment.
    Think it might be a push this season but I do think he’ll do well there.