+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Warnock is here at the end of the season

If Warnock is here at the end of the season

and it continues in this vein - dour football, a lack of quality etc and we end up say in 16th position, what sort of send off do you think he'll get? Will there be enough good will to give him the hugely affectionate goodbye he'd have had at the end of last season, or will it have been drained?

Re: If Warnock is here at the end of the season

Last home game, half of the fans will have left early following a dour draw. I doubt the crowd will be singing his name from the rafters for 90 minutes!

The atmosphere is already muted and there were Boos at the end of yesterday’s match, so I can’t imagine Warnock getting a particularly great send off.
    It absolutely baffles me why anyone thinks it’s a good idea for him to stay a moment longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The atmosphere is already muted and there were Boos at the end of yesterday’s match, so I can’t imagine Warnock getting a particularly great send off.
    It absolutely baffles me why anyone thinks it’s a good idea for him to stay a moment longer.
    Sadly, I think Warnock will tell Tan he needs another season to get us back up into the play-off zone. He will bulsh*t him by saying he had to rebuild the team after relegation, it is a work in progress, so can he stay for another season to two until he gets us in a good postion i.e. Top 6. Then he'll leave. His ego won't allow him to leave with us floundering in mid-table apathy. Tan of course, will agree to this....You wait and see....

He's on a contract until the end of the season, so i think the club will just not give him a new one. No pay off, he'll just leave like Slade did. Personally I'd get rid of him now and just pay him up and get a new manager in to have the rest of this season, with maybe a couple of loans in January. We've got to pay the Sale fee, and we'll get the money for Reid so that should cover most of that. I don't think the club will give Warnock any more money, no point if he's going. Better to put their faith in a new guy, who can have a clearout of players at the end of the season., Richards, Connolly, Bamba, Tomlin, Ward, Peltier and Bogle are, I think, out of contract. I doubt if we can shift Madine or Bacuna. Give a few youngsters a bit of game time, like Coxe, Waite, Moore etc, here and there. not sure if NML is out of contract, he may have been given a new one.

Get a decent young manager in, like Bellamy, or an experienced overseas manager like Jokanovic. but definitely not Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sadly, I think Warnock will tell Tan he needs another season to get us back up into the play-off zone. He will bulsh*t him by saying he had to rebuild the team after relegation, it is a work in progress, so can he stay for another season to two until he gets us in a good postion i.e. Top 6. Then he'll leave. His ego won't allow him to leave with us floundering in mid-table apathy. Tan of course, will agree to this....You wait and see....
    I don't think season tickets sales will sell well if he doesn't sod off

He’s lied.

We aren’t having a right go at it.

Time to go before he sours his send off.

hes bought so many players that are either not up to it or dont like what he wants them to do......i just dont get his policy with his transfer dealings. i hope he quits at the new year.

This thread has now come to an end

he's f**king ruined my thread

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can you start one about Boris Johnson next?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There are always some innocents who are affected by this sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Is this what is known as a "mare"?? Didn't have to wait long actually....