+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEIL WARNOCK‘S REIGN IS OVER.

NEIL WARNOCK‘S REIGN IS OVER.

Club have just announced

Re: Warnock gone

Linky?
    Last edited by IanD; 11-11-19 at 17:07. Reason: Autocorrect put Kinky!

It’s the end of the world

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that manager Neil Warnock has left his position by mutual agreement and with immediate effect.

Having joined the club in October 2016, Neil oversaw 144 matches and famously led us to promotion at the end of a fantastic 2017/18 season.

The Board will now begin the process of replacing Neil. An announcement to this effect will be made in due course.

Cardiff City FC Chairman, Mehmet Dalman said: “On behalf of Cardiff City Football Club, I thank Neil for his invaluable contribution to the future of this great Club.

“He not only gained promotion in his first season but played a pivotal role in uniting the fans and the club. I am personally upset by his departure and wish him the very best for the future.”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, added: “I’d like to thank Neil for his efforts over these past three years and indeed the immeasurable work he’s done to help us move forward. I’m sure Cardiff City fans will join me in sharing these sentiments, wishing him the very best for the future."

Neil Warnock added: “Today I am leaving my beloved Bluebirds after over three years of which have been some of the best days in my long football career. I would like to thank Vincent Tan and Ken Choo for their support; Victoria my secretary who has had to look after me over the years; Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson, my ever-faithful sidekicks and friends; and all the backroom staff on both the coaching and the medical sides who have worked tirelessly to help us achieve the success we have had. A special mention also to all of my players, past and present, who have given me everything. Thank you, you’re a great bunch.

“I would especially like to thank Mehmet Dalman whom I have said many times has been one of the best Chairman I have had the privilege to work for. His support has been immense, especially in 2019 which for many reasons both on and off the field has been the most challenging period both emotionally and physically that I have ever encountered.

“It is a shared belief that this is the right time for a new voice as we believe this squad of players is more than capable of getting success. Finally, I would like to thank all you supporters for getting behind me and the team. I hope you have all enjoyed the journey. I am proud to leave the club as a united one and long may you all achieve the success that you deserve. Be lucky.”

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ement-11112019

Wow by mutual consent, didn't see that coming.

I think now was probably the time to replace him but still feels a bit disappointing to see him leave on such a low after the promotion season.

WOW! I'm genuinely shocked.

6 months too late but thanks for the memories.

just had the txt.

What next..

A real shame to end this way.
    Cheers for everything Neil.

Bristol City fans are going to love that they were the ones who finished the job.

And here we go....

Re: NEIL WARNOCK‘S REIGN IS OVER.

Blackwell till the end of the season.
    Why? Under contract. Cost saving.
    Good luck Neil.
    You don't know, what you've got till it's gone.

It is actually a shame the way it’s gone for him, wish him all the best and thank him for the promotion, but his style is outdated.

Hope his sidekicks have gone too tbh, we don’t need them carrying on the same brand of football.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    6 months too late but thanks for the memories.
    Exactly. It's a shame it had to end like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Blackwell till the end of the season.
    Why? Under contract. Cost saving.
    Good luck Neil.
    You don't know, what you've got till it's gone.
    Where has it said this?

Lots of boos at the end of the wurzels game.

Should of happened in the summer when the squad required wholesale changes. Why this was entrusted to a man who would only be here for this season alone was a big gamble.

Obviously came to the conclusion that Cardiff are not a team to challenge for promotion this season under Warnock. Something that has been clear to most who post here for quite some time now.

He did more for the club than what was asked of him three years ago when Cardiff clinched promotion in May 2018. I'll be forever grateful for the memories. However the time was right in June to part ways, it's sad that the end comes on the back of a derby defeat at home to the Wurzels.

Interested to see who Cardiff go for next. But who if any of us have faith in the board getting the right man in?

How underwhelming do we think the replacement will be? Blackwell until the end of the season with Bamba taking over? Or Russel Slade levels of whelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How underwhelming do we think the replacement will be? Blackwell until the end of the season with Bamba taking over? Or Russel Slade levels of whelming.
    I fully expect to be powerfully whelmed

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Where has it said this?
    read both links and can’t see it mentioned either.

Anyway, who we gonna get then? Who’s out there ready to step in? Nathan Jones recently sacked, I’ve no idea who is available.

Had a feeling that the Swansea and BC games would pivotal and to lose them both has just tipped the balance.

It's true that things have not gone well regarding the NW signings, the way we've been playing and the seeming bad attitude of a few individuals but I genuinely believed that Neil would sorted this out.

I just hope that the top boys have a plan because if the decision was driven Warnock, we could end up with a stop gap manager à la Slade just to save us from the drop which will not be easy.

Genuinely saddened by this news.

set up Sol ,however i'm guessing Blakewell will see us through now like , Neil to attend next game for a proper thank you and genuine good by