+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Neil

Thank you Neil

Dear Neil

Thank you for everything you have done for my club over the last few years. They have been some of the most enjoyable I have had in supporting this club since the early 70's.

I sincerely hope the empty vessels on messageboards did not influence your decision to leave and that the next chapter of your journey is enjoyable and rewarding

Re: Thank you Neil

A man like Neil Warnock wouldn't get upset by some people on a message board giving him stick

Anyway I do wish him all the best, whether it's with someone else or if he fades into retirement. I'll never forget that promotion season

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Dear Neil

Thank you for everything you have done for my club over the last few years. They have been some of the most enjoyable I have had in supporting this club since the early 70's.

I sincerely hope the empty vessels on messageboards did not influence your decision to leave and that the next chapter of your journey is enjoyable and rewarding
    ^^^this^^^

sad to see him go, he had the full support of the canton after the Birmingham game, came over and did the usual cheers. just something not just clicking this season, might be the right decision in the long run, im glad he has parted company and leaves with some good grace

All the best Neil

I thank him for the good times.

Maybe Bobby Reid will come back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A man like Neil Warnock wouldn't get upset by some people on a message board giving him stick

Anyway I do wish him all the best, whether it's with someone else or if he fades into retirement. I'll never forget that promotion season
    I disagree. He clearly reads the messageboards and has always said he'd leave when he felt he no longer had the backing of the fans. I think he's probably reacting more to the boos at the end of the Bristol game but he's got no reason to stay anywhere he thinks he's not wanted, and I'm hoping he's not taken the messageboards as supporting that one occasion.

I'm with Sludge and a few others on here in thinking the best thing for the club would be for him to see out the season, or at least ensure we aren't going down. Right now we're suddenly in the mix for dropping right down the league if we don't sort out a good manager quickly. This season could go from being disappointing to disastrous very easily now

Let's hope the lynchmob on here are right that we could do better without NW. We'll soon find out.

Dear Neil

brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thank him for the good times.

Maybe Bobby Reid will come back now.
    0 goals in 15 games for Fulham, I'd imagine he'll definitely be back in June.

Dear Neil

You're a bit out of order. \the majority of fans who have been critical of Warnock have done so in a constructive way, it hasn't been personal, they've (including myself) been critical of the style of football and the wasted money. Every time you come on here you have a little dig because someone upset you a while back, yet you're one of the worst for throwing insults about. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

That is true he has forgotten more , than they actual know

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That is true he has forgotten more , than they actual know
    That's old age for you..

Some of the away games in that promotion season were up there with the very best. Norwich away, Brentford away, Wolves away amongst many others, ending with arguably one of the best ever at Hull in April 2018.

Some great moments in the PL campaign - the run of 4 home wins in 5 in October/November. Last minute winners at Leicester and Southampton. The vast majority of his time here was brilliant.

The time was right to go and it's good that he's gone before it got completely toxic. The board got his appointment right, they need to get this one right too. I'm not so sure they will but we'll see.

I disagree. He clearly reads the messageboards and has always said he'd leave when he felt he no longer had the backing of the fans. I think he's probably reacting more to the boos at the end of the Bristol game but he's got no reason to stay anywhere he thinks he's not wanted, and I'm hoping he's not taken the messageboards as supporting that one occasion.

I'm with Sludge and a few others on here in thinking the best thing for the club would be for him to see out the season, or at least ensure we aren't going down. Right now we're suddenly in the mix for dropping right down the league if we don't sort out a good manager quickly. This season could go from being disappointing to disastrous very easily now

Let's hope the lynchmob on here are right that we could do better without NW. We'll soon find out.
    Lynch mob

Some stars on here aye

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    0 goals in 15 games for Fulham, I'd imagine he'll definitely be back in June.
    In a midfield 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're a bit out of order. \the majority of fans who have been critical of Warnock have done so in a constructive way, it hasn't been personal, they've (including myself) been critical of the style of football and the wasted money. Every time you come on here you have a little dig because someone upset you a while back, yet you're one of the worst for throwing insults about. Grow up.
    Here here.

Thank you Neil for a journey of a lifetime and some unbelievable memories.
    I got to share City’s promotion to the Premier League with my daughter due to you. For that I’ll be eternally grateful.
    Thank you

I said it last week before our game and yesterday after our game.

As frustrating and as annoying as he has been down the years.... he is a character of which we don’t see the likes these days.

You miss guys like them when they aren’t there anymore.

See ya Colin.
    It’s been a pleasure.

Out of order? I don't think so. I'm simply posting my view that I hope he hasn't been influenced by the relentless criticism on this board, that you call constructive? How is it constructive unless you wanted this outcome?

Anyway. I've said my bit. You've got what you wanted. Nothing more to say really. Let's see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Lynch mob

Some stars on here aye
    I'd say that there's about 8-10 regular contributors on here who have been consistently critical of Warnock, i include myself in that lynch mob. Fair play, there are some stupid people on here. Warnock hardly got any criticism, he's been treated like a king by our fans and the shithouse local press.

Thank you for everything Neil.

Fans are fickle and have short memories. You came here and saved us from going down, and then you took us up. I can't say I enjoyed the style of football you had us playing, but, in the main, it worked. Once everything settles down, I think that you will be seen as one of the great Cardiff managers.

Sorry it ended like this, but once again, thank you Neil.

Out of order? I don't think so. I'm simply posting my view that I hope he hasn't been influenced by the relentless criticism on this board, that you call constructive? How is it constructive unless you wanted this outcome?

Anyway. I've said my bit. You've got what you wanted. Nothing more to say really. Let's see what happens next.
    You're a big baby. Relentless-do me a favour, read some of the posts back and the large majority are constructive, and correct in my opinion, seems like the club and Warnock thinks so as well. He was never booed at games but you hope that a few blokes who think that his football is rubbish and some of his cash signings may have tipped the balance? Good Grief....

You're a big baby. Relentless-do me a favour, read some of the posts back and the large majority are constructive, and correct in my opinion, seems like the club and Warnock thinks so as well. He was never booed at games but you hope that a few blokes who think that his football is rubbish and some of his cash signings may have tipped the balance? Good Grief....
    Calling somebody a big baby doesn’t really help your case that you’re a purveyor of constructive criticism tbh

Thank you Neil for healing a toxic club.
    Sad to see you go, but a roller-coaster for the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Calling somebody a big baby doesn’t really help your case that you’re a purveyor of constructive criticism tbh
    I don't care.