+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Neil

Re: Thank you Neil

Some great memories during his relatively short tenure. Hopefully they’ll be the ones that will be mostly remembered over time.

Thank you Neil.

Like all managers, a mixture of good and bad - but mostly good, and still well in credit as far as I'm concerned. Some great memories from the last 3 years for which I will always be grateful. Also a larger than life and totally unique personality in an era of PR clones. I didn't always like it, but he brought something desperately needed to the club (not just success) and did it his way.

It is probably the right time to go. I hope he spends more time with his family and tractor - and doesn't dabble with Brexit.

We didn't have full(ish) stadiums 3 years ago, nor did we have premier league football in blue shirts or any sense of leadership at the club. There have been some things I have found frustrating, lack of youth player involvement being number one, but I'd say 95% of your time here was hugely positive and there aren't many managers walking away from jobs saying that. Cheers Neil Warnock. Pob lwc/good luck.

I am thankful for what he did for the club but feel the time was right.

If the season continued in the way it has up to now it would have got toxic after some more performances like Jacks and Bristol City.

Thanks for the promotion Neil and best of luck for the future.

He was brilliant in so many ways

He stuck in through the biggest football tragedy in many years.

He got us promoted when no one gave us a prayer.

He would have almost certainly have kept us up if VAR had been in use against Chelsea last season.

He reunited our club when it was horribly divided.

He brought the fans back

He got us respected again in the game.

His last away win was 2-0 at Old Trafford.

Need I say more.

Thanks Mr Warnock so so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Dear Neil

Thank you for everything you have done for my club over the last few years. They have been some of the most enjoyable I have had in supporting this club since the early 70's.

I sincerely hope the empty vessels on messageboards did not influence your decision to leave and that the next chapter of your journey is enjoyable and rewarding
    Grow the **** up.

Dear Neil

Thank you for everything you have done for my club over the last few years. They have been some of the most enjoyable I have had in supporting this club since the early 70's.

I sincerely hope the empty vessels on messageboards did not influence your decision to leave and that the next chapter of your journey is enjoyable and rewarding
    He’s not going to shag you mate

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Some great memories during his relatively short tenure. Hopefully they’ll be the ones that will be mostly remembered over time.
    100%. I think that he should've gone at the end of last season, but there we go. How he got us up is anyone's guess, and the games against Villa and Leeds at home were Warnock at his best.

Thank you Neil for what all you have done for us, you have been amazing

Did a great job with what he had, shame it ended on a sour note and he didn't at least get to the end of the season. Thanks Neil!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that there's about 8-10 regular contributors on here who have been consistently critical of Warnock, i include myself in that lynch mob. Fair play, there are some stupid people on here. Warnock hardly got any criticism, he's been treated like a king by our fans and the shithouse local press.
    I don’t think he’s had any real abuse as such, for PB to claim otherwise is crazy tbh..

What about all the rubbish he's leaving behind?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thank you Neil.

Like all managers, a mixture of good and bad - but mostly good, and still well in credit as far as I'm concerned. Some great memories from the last 3 years for which I will always be grateful. Also a larger than life and totally unique personality in an era of PR clones. I didn't always like it, but he brought something desperately needed to the club (not just success) and did it his way.

It is probably the right time to go. I hope he spends more time with his family and tractor - and doesn't dabble with Brexit.
    Not a dig at all, but I’ve never really understood this “in credit” line I keep seeing.

Football is fast paced and cruel, you can’t afford to let sentiment get in the way. Example.. he got us promotion so we should stick with him even though we’re sinking..

I like Neil, he did well on the outside but a closer look shows he hasn’t really done a lot we’ve got an older squad than most and seem to have lost quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not a dig at all, but I’ve never really understood this “in credit” line I keep seeing.

Football is fast paced and cruel, you can’t afford to let sentiment get in the way. Example.. he got us promotion so we should stick with him even though we’re sinking..

I like Neil, he did well on the outside but a closer look shows he hasn’t really done a lot we’ve got an older squad than most and seem to have lost quality.
    I think in credit simply means that overall the positive has outweighed the negative.

Cheers Neil, inspired some passion and togetherness into a broken and negative club. What a terrific turnaround in fortunes since that Bamba winner against Bristol City. A great journey, never a dull moment, all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    A great journey, never a dull moment, all the best.
    Really?

Bye Neil, some great memories and 2017-2018 season was as exciting as it was unexpected. But no mortal is bigger than football and this season has been dreadful. Not your fault entirely because our board lacks any ambition but generally your signings have been mediocre at best. Nevertheless you are an irrepressible character and will always be a hero in these parts. Let's hope the next 70 years will be even better than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think in credit simply means that overall the positive has outweighed the negative.
    Just that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really?

CardiffCitySince1927

Look, after all that was said and done.
    We can all agree that the 2017/18 season was special, and that year in the Premier League gave us a year to never forget. This year may not have been what we would have liked, however, we have had a laugh at times.

Let me speak about what this man has done at our club.
    We were 23rd after the Trollope incident. He immediately utilised his contracts to bring in 4 players within 24 hours. Some may not have worked, Chamakh and Richardson, but some are the type of player I could tell my kids about. Sol Bamba, being his main incredible signing. To some this has gone over there heads. They complain about the signings of Madine/Murphy/Reid for large sums of money, but the signings of that summer between the 16/17 and 17/18 season were incredible.
    Etheridge, Paterson, Mendez-Laing all from Scotland and League One, all for nominal fees, all come into their own under the management of the veteran manager.

But he brought the club together, up and in the right direction. Those beatings of Villa home, Leeds and Wolves away were vintage Warnock rolling back the years to mastermind these victories. And even though we may not have played well, we’d still grind results out with a (what ended up to be a vital) draw against Fulham and Reading. Seeing the CCS buzzing like it was on that incredible day, Reading 0-0, was a joy to watch. Those few days were insane, but also on a personal level as because of him instead of worrying about GCSE exams I was sitting, I was worried about Cardiff ��. That helped me achieve greatly, changing my life.

And in the Premier league, we were ruled out from the start. Half the wage budget of the second lowest, Huddersfield, and only buying championship players. He somehow got loans of Arter and Camarasa when he was attending a friendly! Two deals in 90 minutes! Only Warnock. But we fought and fought like a dog. Cynics will say Cardiff came up and were relegated as expected but the incredible memories that all Cardiff fans made that year will last a lifetime. The reason I adore supporting Cardiff is that all successes are made even more special by the failures along the way. We had an insane season, my personal highlights include: Hoilett’s goal against Wolverhampton; Fulham victory; Zohore’s last minute winner and that Leicester victory. However it was all broken down by the surreality of the death of Sala and the almost death of Morrison. The year was a long slog, physically and emotionally for the players and when we came down it hasn’t gone that well.

Bobby Reid jumped ship early on, Warnock hasn’t pulled out the usual results and Warnockball without Warnockball results caused unhappiness. The particular losses to Swansea and Bristol City sealed his fate. But we are in a better position than when he took charge.

Whatever your opinion on the man, he changed our club for the better. From the decade I have watched so far, he has easily been the best manager I’ve ever watched. And we should feel really lucky if we see another manager like him. Maybe people don’t like his style but if he is effective.

Thanks for everything Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Look, after all that was said and done.
    We can all agree that the 2017/18 season was special, and that year in the Premier League gave us a year to never forget. This year may not have been what we would have liked, however, we have had a laugh at times.

Let me speak about what this man has done at our club.
    We were 23rd after the Trollope incident. He immediately utilised his contracts to bring in 4 players within 24 hours. Some may not have worked, Chamakh and Richardson, but some are the type of player I could tell my kids about. Sol Bamba, being his main incredible signing. To some this has gone over there heads. They complain about the signings of Madine/Murphy/Reid for large sums of money, but the signings of that summer between the 16/17 and 17/18 season were incredible.
    Etheridge, Paterson, Mendez-Laing all from Scotland and League One, all for nominal fees, all come into their own under the management of the veteran manager.

But he brought the club together, up and in the right direction. Those beatings of Villa home, Leeds and Wolves away were vintage Warnock rolling back the years to mastermind these victories. And even though we may not have played well, we’d still grind results out with a (what ended up to be a vital) draw against Fulham and Reading. Seeing the CCS buzzing like it was on that incredible day, Reading 0-0, was a joy to watch. Those few days were insane, but also on a personal level as because of him instead of worrying about GCSE exams I was sitting, I was worried about Cardiff ��. That helped me achieve greatly, changing my life.

And in the Premier league, we were ruled out from the start. Half the wage budget of the second lowest, Huddersfield, and only buying championship players. He somehow got loans of Arter and Camarasa when he was attending a friendly! Two deals in 90 minutes! Only Warnock. But we fought and fought like a dog. Cynics will say Cardiff came up and were relegated as expected but the incredible memories that all Cardiff fans made that year will last a lifetime. The reason I adore supporting Cardiff is that all successes are made even more special by the failures along the way. We had an insane season, my personal highlights include: Hoilett’s goal against Wolverhampton; Fulham victory; Zohore’s last minute winner and that Leicester victory. However it was all broken down by the surreality of the death of Sala and the almost death of Morrison. The year was a long slog, physically and emotionally for the players and when we came down it hasn’t gone that well.

Bobby Reid jumped ship early on, Warnock hasn’t pulled out the usual results and Warnockball without Warnockball results caused unhappiness. The particular losses to Swansea and Bristol City sealed his fate. But we are in a better position than when he took charge.

Whatever your opinion on the man, he changed our club for the better. From the decade I have watched so far, he has easily been the best manager I’ve ever watched. And we should feel really lucky if we see another manager like him. Maybe people don’t like his style but if he is effective.

Thanks for everything Warnock.
    Not sure we’re really in a better position.

Wage bill has gone up and we haven’t greatly strengthened have we?

I disagree. He clearly reads the messageboards and has always said he'd leave when he felt he no longer had the backing of the fans. I think he's probably reacting more to the boos at the end of the Bristol game but he's got no reason to stay anywhere he thinks he's not wanted, and I'm hoping he's not taken the messageboards as supporting that one occasion.

I'm with Sludge and a few others on here in thinking the best thing for the club would be for him to see out the season, or at least ensure we aren't going down. Right now we're suddenly in the mix for dropping right down the league if we don't sort out a good manager quickly. This season could go from being disappointing to disastrous very easily now

Let's hope the lynchmob on here are right that we could do better without NW. We'll soon find out.
    ...or it could evolve into a really exciting remainder of the season

some folks just have a negative outlook on things

Dear Neil

Very well put.
    I'm very sad indeed to see Sir Neil go like this.
    It's a subject I try not to mention for the sake of not stirring up negativity, but when they sacked Malky McCay I felt a similar disappointment and foreboding . In fact I stopped watching for a while and right now I'm not feeling much enthusiasm for a total rebuild of the ethic.

The empty vessels you mention might now have a lesson in the practicalities of playing the ball out from the back and knocking it back and forth in midfield , and I hope they enjoy hearing the manager saying " we lost again but we try to play good football and entertain the fans". I hope that doesn't happen of course, but I somehow feel that we've been ungrateful and disloyal to this man.

From one Colin to another, thanks for the ride it's been enjoyable but unfortunately it's run its course. Enjoy your retirement, watch your blood pressure and keep your tractor off the road.

P.S. please take Kev & Ronnie with you, we need a clean sweep.

Hi Neil,
    Thank you for everything that you have done to bring my club back together, the ride has been great. All the very best to you and your family and I hope that you enjoy your retirement.