+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More evidence of BBC right wing bias ?

More evidence of BBC right wing bias ?

https://twitter.com/pab1958/status/1193947813211713537

The Beeb are said to favour the Conservatives, the Monarchy, the Union State, Israel over Palestine, bosses over trade unions and are anti EU, expert researchers seemed to reach such a conclusion [although it was obvious to anybody with both eyes wide open] and told the BBC but the Beeb don't seem to have done much about it, its a disgrace that tv licence payers have to put up with such propaganda and worrying that they could be effecting the outcome of elections.

Re: More evidence of BBC right wing bias ?

I knew it must be you posting this when I saw the title.
    It's ridiculous because most people seem to consider them biased in the opposite directions to what you've said.
    I can tell you from personal experience that there's a left wing culture at the BBC , the only exceptions being Andrew Neil and Robby Gibb, both of whom have more or less left the corporation.

I wouldn't take much notice of "experts " because you can find different experts to say different stuff, but what you quote isn't an expert, it's some other nutter with a freaky screen name saying it on Twitter

What no Kuenssberg ?

Is it a coincidence that we have a right wing Tory Government ?
    Is it a coincident that leave won the EU referendum ?
    Is it a coincidence that Scotland voted to stay in the union ?
    Is it a coincidence that the trade unions are smashed ?

Because those were the arguments found to be pushed by the BBC when the experts were commissioned to look into potential BBC bias.

For the state broadcaster to be seemingly caught red handed doctoring footage of the Prime Minister [in his favour] during a election build up has dire consequences for our democracy.

It makes me laugh historically though the ages , they have had a left bias , Tories have always disliked them .

I clearly remember Cameron and Osborne, taking the a funding cut knife to them .

I remember the Thatcher years and these type of comments being made.

""Accusations of a left-wing bias were often made against the Corporation by members of Margaret Thatcher's 1980s Conservative government. ... Thatcher later said: "I have fought three elections against the BBC and don't want to fight another against it." In 2006 Tebbit said: "The BBC was always against Lady Thatcher."

Laterly John Humphreys has sad the same about thier current left Liberal bias.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...-a9114711.html

In the 50's the Tories thought the corporation was infiltrated by Communists
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35382848

Black ops by the authorities.

The academic studies show that the BBC is most likely to take its' news agenda from the right-wing print media, and then to give disproportionate space and coverage to the Conservative Party and business interests, over the Labour Party and trade union or environmentalist concerns. Within that there is often an attempt to show neutrality - and without advertisers or sponsors influence to distort the coverage further they often achieve that - but where 'big name' presenters or reporters favour one side over the other in the main party political debates they have usually favoured the Conservatives. The BBC is really the broadcaster of the political and social establishment - conservative with a small 'c' most of the time, but bending to the big 'C' at times.

BBC comedy is liberal/left most of the time - into the second generation of a corrective to Bernard Manning and Tarby.

Public perception of the BBC is probably influenced a bit by the consistent campaign by the right wing media to keep it onside - even if the print media is becoming less influential, those headlines still count. But the public perception of the BBC as an organisation as slightly left leaning is very marginal:

https://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/is-the...ity-in-the-uk/

I think the BBC does its best to be impartial , but that's impossible because so many of its staff and management are left leaning .
    It's a cultural bias as much as anything else, with a bit of intelligence agency overview.
    I don't think many people trust it any more, despite the opinion polls they Commision to prove otherwise, and I think it's time that we reconsidered its existence at the taxpayers expense

Accuse the Beeb of left wing bias, which then manipulates them into shifting to the right to offset the criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Accuse the Beeb of left wing bias, which then manipulates them into shifting to the right to offset the criticism.
    Its up to you to decide i just uploaded a number of referenced links , as their government funded by either Tory or Labour, whichever is in power , I guess they have to tread a careful line , however for me its the news channel to go to if you want certainty of reporting

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    https://twitter.com/pab1958/status/1193947813211713537

The Beeb are said to favour the Conservatives, the Monarchy, the Union State, Israel over Palestine, bosses over trade unions and are anti EU, expert researchers seemed to reach such a conclusion [although it was obvious to anybody with both eyes wide open] and told the BBC but the Beeb don't seem to have done much about it, its a disgrace that tv licence payers have to put up with such propaganda and worrying that they could be effecting the outcome of elections.
    If the BBC seems to push the Israeli view more than the Palestinian it is because the Israelis are better at understanding how to win an information war. They will have made close contacts with BBC insiders. They will feed pro-Israeli stories to producers. Information campaigns will be expertly organised. Look at how the Hasbara control information on the internet and how they patrol messageboards. It is up to the Palestinians to improve their game. You will never have a neutral news service. The BBC and the other broadcasters just get their stories from competing pressure groups.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its up to you to decide i just uploaded a number of referenced links , as their government funded by either Tory or Labour, whichever is in power , I guess they have to tread a careful line , however for me its the news channel to go to if you want certainty of reporting
    I think the BBC leans right, but I go to it (alongside the Guardian which also annoys me much of the time) as first port of call for news. That is before a trawl around some of ITV, Sky, Al Jazzera, Fox, The Canary, the Independent etc. I think Sky and the Independent are more balanced and neutral these days (wasn't always so) but I still have the BBC and Guardian top of the list. Habit maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The academic studies show that the BBC is most likely to take its' news agenda from the right-wing print media, and then to give disproportionate space and coverage to the Conservative Party and business interests, over the Labour Party and trade union or environmentalist concerns. Within that there is often an attempt to show neutrality - and without advertisers or sponsors influence to distort the coverage further they often achieve that - but where 'big name' presenters or reporters favour one side over the other in the main party political debates they have usually favoured the Conservatives. The BBC is really the broadcaster of the political and social establishment - conservative with a small 'c' most of the time, but bending to the big 'C' at times.

BBC comedy is liberal/left most of the time - into the second generation of a corrective to Bernard Manning and Tarby.

Public perception of the BBC is probably influenced a bit by the consistent campaign by the right wing media to keep it onside - even if the print media is becoming less influential, those headlines still count. But the public perception of the BBC as an organisation as slightly left leaning is very marginal:

https://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/is-the...ity-in-the-uk/
    Spot on. I can’t bear to watch the BBC news output or Newsnight as it so clearly takes its lead from the right wing press. I would happily no longer pay the license fee and see the BBC rot. Far too many Tories on the politics side like Kuenssberg, Gibb, Humphries, Robinson and Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think the BBC leans right, but I go to it (alongside the Guardian which also annoys me much of the time) as first port of call for news. That is before a trawl around some of ITV, Sky, Al Jazzera, Fox, The Canary, the Independent etc. I think Sky and the Independent are more balanced and neutral these days (wasn't always so) but I still have the BBC and Guardian top of the list. Habit maybe.

Can’t agree with it being top of the list. The BBC is now right wing. Channel Four is far more balanced as is SKY. Even ITN is fairer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can’t agree with it being top of the list. The BBC is now right wing. Channel Four is far more balanced as is SKY. Even ITN is fairer.
    I agree. It is just habit that takes me back to the BBC/Guardian. I didn't mention Channel 4 but they are the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Gosh evidence the BBC isn't right wing.

90% of the media owned by 6 corporations I wouldn't say beeb is full on right but learning from center to forward slash, beeb hates bonzo but only a little less than they hate steptoe.

I think the beeb is full on Liberal left remain .

I think the beeb is full on Liberal left remain .
    Why did you believe this?

Have you not seen Laura Kunesberg’s twitter page?

Sorry but your view is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Why did you believe this?

Have you not seen Laura Kunesberg’s twitter page?

Sorry but your view is nonsense.
    She's like a reborn thatcher

My attitude has always been that as the BBC gets accused of being biased by both the left and the right, they are probably getting the political balance thing just about right, but "mistakes" like this one, and the one referred in the last sentence of the link, do make me wonder if there may be more to claims of right wing bias.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertain...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My attitude has always been that as the BBC gets accused of being biased by both the left and the right, they are probably getting the political balance thing just about right, but "mistakes" like this one, and the one referred in the last sentence of the link, do make me wonder if there may be more to claims of right wing bias.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertain...source=twitter
    Well there excellent expose if Prince Andrew with another to follow soon does suggest there not totally right wing controlled . If you want to see rwal media control look no further than the Marxist left wing type countries around the world where state media really exists .

Well there excellent expose if Prince Andrew with another to follow soon does suggest there not totally right wing controlled . If you want to see rwal media control look no further than the Marxist left wing type countries around the world where state media really exists .
    So showing people the real Prince Andrew makes the BBC left wing? Just parroting what Conservative politicians have said about the BBC doesn't make it left wing either and the same applies when left wing politicians fall back on the right wing bias argument when it suits them.

However, the story I posted a link to is concerning and I think Peter Oborne is right about the easy ride given to the Conservatives during the election campaign by the corporation.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...lies-1-6383062

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So showing people the real Prince Andrew makes the BBC left wing? Just parroting what Conservative politicians have said about the BBC doesn't make it left wing either and the same applies when left wing politicians fall back on the right wing bias argument when it suits them.

However, the story I posted a link to is concerning and I think Peter Oborne is right about the easy ride given to the Conservatives during the election campaign by the corporation.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...lies-1-6383062
    My view is the BBC should expose every MP's lies, it's not the sole behaviour of the Tories.

Do you not reognise lies , deception and half truths from within the Labour party ??