+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Reid

Re: Bobby Reid

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    1) I assumed that you meant 'squad' when you said squad. Silly me. Considering Reid was joint top scorer last season, perhaps the side would have benefitted if Warnock had started him more often?

2) He wasn't committed to Cardiff City under Neil Warnock and frankly I'm not surprised given the style of play. It didn't exactly suit him.
    Maybe. I'm assuming Warnock had the same thoughts each week and decided the answer was no. Hasn't scored yet this season either in a team that plays a beautiful style to suit his obvious skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Maybe. I'm assuming Warnock had the same thoughts each week and decided the answer was no. Hasn't scored yet this season either in a team that plays a beautiful style to suit his obvious skill.
    He's been playing in midfield. Perhaps Warnock should have tried him there.

Question: what would you regard as the highlights of last season if you had to name three games?

Reids 5 goals last season was his 2nd best return.
    Glad we are getting our money back.

Bobby Reid has started the last 9 of 11 games for Fulham.
    In midfield.

According to the fella in my office who is a regular down there, he’s often one of the best 3 players in their team.

He blames others for some of their bad results.

He's been playing in midfield. Perhaps Warnock should have tried him there.

Question: what would you regard as the highlights of last season if you had to name three games?
    Scraping the barrel trying to remember really, but I'd probably go Brighton home win, thought we played well and last minute winner, Leicester away 1 nil, late winner. And probably Brighton away as I genuinely thought after that we had a chance to stay up. Could replace one with the Man U win but we were down, the team played with a freedom they didn't have previously and United were just awful.

Thought Reid in that game looked decent, and as I type this probably the Bournemouth home game also. Clearly he's not a bad player, I just don't think for the money we paid, he or Murphy did enough. There were other matches where I just felt he looked far too light weight and yea doesn't suit a team where his time on the ball would be at a premium.

If someone doesn't want to be here, for whatever reason, then they shouldn't be. He's a Bristol lad I believe, only reason he came was for the premier league opportunity, back in the Championship it may be that whoever is our manager he wouldn't be bothered about coming back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Scraping the barrel trying to remember really, but I'd probably go Brighton home win, thought we played well and last minute winner, Leicester away 1 nil, late winner. And probably Brighton away as I genuinely thought after that we had a chance to stay up. Could replace one with the Man U win but we were down, the team played with a freedom they didn't have previously and United were just awful.

Thought Reid in that game looked decent, and as I type this probably the Bournemouth home game also. Clearly he's not a bad player, I just don't think for the money we paid, he or Murphy did enough. There were other matches where I just felt he looked far too light weight and yea doesn't suit a team where his time on the ball would be at a premium.
    Reid came on as a sub against Brighton, same at Leicester, so he was on the pitch when both late winners were scored.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the 4-2 victory over Fulham in which Reid played the full 90 minutes and scored. As you know, he scored both goals in the 2-0 victory over Bournemouth. From what I saw, while the system didn't really suit him he was under-used last season. I thought he looked one of the better players on the ball. Murphy has talent but he's hopelessly inconsistent and often flatters to deceive. He was definitely a waste of money as it stands, although maybe a new manager will galvanise him.

As for Reid, the ship has obviously sailed. Shame as I think he could have done well here under the right circumstances and he's reportedly doing alright at Fulham despite not scoring yet.

Reid came on as a sub against Brighton, same at Leicester, so he was on the pitch when both late winners were scored.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the 4-2 victory over Fulham in which Reid played the full 90 minutes and scored. As you know, he scored both goals in the 2-0 victory over Bournemouth. From what I saw, while the system didn't really suit him he was under-used last season. I thought he looked one of the better players on the ball. Murphy has talent but he's hopelessly inconsistent and often flatters to deceive. He was definitely a waste of money as it stands, although maybe a new manager will galvanise him.

As for Reid, the ship has obviously sailed. Shame as I think he could have done well here under the right circumstances and he's reportedly doing alright at Fulham despite not scoring yet.
    That was a weird time, we had a couple of good performances with him in the team (starting with Arsenal away?) then he was dropped. It's those decisions of Warnock's I won't miss

The loan was just a way of Fulham getting around the FFP surely? They are committed to buy at end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    TLG reid is not a regular starter, started about three times and 11 subs you with all your stats should know that, perhaps you can show i am wrong
    80, 45, 80, 80, 90, 45, 90, 22, 90, 84, 90, 45, 22, 15, 29.

Not bad, just a tad off.

Maybe look before posting

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The loan was just a way of Fulham getting around the FFP surely? They are committed to buy at end of the season.
    But only if they get promoted?