+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

No doubt in my mind. Yes, he got the club some credit back after all the nonsense that went before. But, he's assembled a very expensive squad on very expensive wages with little or no resale value.

The football was dull to watch. Nearly always. Never took responsibility, always blamed the ref.

Promotion was a surprise. Relegation was sought after. Glad to see the back of him.

Re: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    No doubt in my mind. Yes, he got the club some credit back after all the nonsense that went before. But, he's assembled a very expensive squad on very expensive wages with little or no resale value.

The football was dull to watch. Nearly always. Never took responsibility, always blamed the ref.

Promotion was a surprise. Relegation was sought after. Glad to see the back of him.
    Can I see the breakdown of the squad's wages that you've got? I'd be interested to see how much we're spending

He galvanised the Club off the pitch.

For that alone, we are in a better state.

we are easily in a much better position financial from his time here.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    He galvanised the Club off the pitch.

For that alone, we are in a better state.
    This.

We were in a very bad place when he joined. Not there now.

Utter bollocks. After that loss at Burton we were staring straight at League 1 with a fractured fanbase, no money and the genuine prospect of relegation. Had we gone down that season, feck knows where we'd be now

Warnock galvanised the club, got the fans back on side, gave us one of the best seasons Cardiff have ever produced and took us incredibly close to staying in the Premier League, giving us some great memories along the way

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Utter bollocks. After that loss at Burton we were staring straight at League 1 with a fractured fanbase, no money and the genuine prospect of relegation. Had we gone down that season, feck knows where we'd be now

Warnock galvanised the club, got the fans back on side, gave us one of the best seasons Cardiff have ever produced and took us incredibly close to staying in the Premier League, giving us some great memories along the way
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Dont be so dramatic. We were not staring League One in the face at all. There was barely a quarter of the season gone.

He has built bridges between the club and the fans but on the pitch I agree with the OP. A big, ageing squad, with little quality, and little resale value playing anti-football. Its all very reminiscent of the Slade era.

Improved the relationship with the fans and has helped put the rebrand behind us. Has left us with some parachute payments and a fuller stadium than when he joined.

But the squad he left us with isn't that great. Would be interesting to see what a new manager could get out of Murphy and Reid. I'm a fan of Marlon pack too. First thing that we need though is 2 full backs, 2 centre mids and at least 1 centre half.

Off the pitch he has transformed the place, and for that I'm grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Improved the relationship with the fans and has helped put the rebrand behind us. Has left us with some parachute payments and a fuller stadium than when he joined.

But the squad he left us with isn't that great. Would be interesting to see what a new manager could get out of Murphy and Reid. I'm a fan of Marlon pack too. First thing that we need though is 2 full backs, 2 centre mids and at least 1 centre half.
    Yeah, its not like we havent got enough centre halfs. Weve only got 5 senior CH's on the books plus Ciaron Brown coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, its not like we havent got enough centre halfs. Weve only got 5 senior CH's on the books plus Ciaron Brown coming through.
    How many good ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How many good ones though.
    Oh I agree, totally, but getting rid of the duds isnt going to be easy. I doubt the new manager will be given carte blanche just to add to the squad without shipping players out and weve given very average or injury prone players multi year contracts.

Why the hell was Matt Conolly given a contract extension? Jazz Richards too?. Why sign Curtis Nelson and then sign Aden Flint?

Weve got 5 centre halfs, 4 senior goalkeepers, and only 1 left back. The squad is so unbalanced its ridiculous and theres only one man to blame for that.

And the 1 left back isn't very good either.

We weren’t staring relegation in the face.

He has brought the fans and the club closer together.

The squad is ageing and don’t have cover for all positions even though we’ve spent enough to have 2 in every position.

I don’t think we’re in that great of a position tbh but I thank him for bringing us together as a club and for the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue;5020d062
    And the 1 left back isn't very good either.
    Try 'hopeless'

I wouldn't mind seeing a break down of all his players buys and sales: he has spent a lot but he has also sold players at good prices, the money zohore ect, the money spent on reid is also being recuperated in the fulham deal

and made good signings for cheap eg ethereidge, mendez, patterson

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a break down of all his players buys and sales: he has spent a lot but he has also sold players at good prices, the money zohore ect, the money spent on reid is also being recuperated in the fulham deal

and made good signings for cheap eg ethereidge, mendez, patterson
    You've mentioned Zohore, I'd be interested to see a list of the other players we sold at good prices under Neil Warnock's management.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've mentioned Zohore, I'd be interested to see a list of the other players we sold at good prices under Neil Warnock's management.
    Quite. Selling Bobby Decordova-Reid for what we paid is hardly good business, now that he has Premier League experience and I doubt there’ll be a queue of clubs lining up for Flint in January!

More utter drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    More utter drivel.
    Oh log into another account you boring twat.

I struggle with that one , you need to evaluate and match the players we had then , to now .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Oh log into another account you boring twat.
    Lee Bowyer language and attitude already in play

let's be honest warnocks transfer dealings where fecking rubbish. We got the odd loan that was ok but the rest weren't "for the future"