Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42

Thread: Why Bellamy?

  1. #1

    Why Bellamy?

    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..

  2. #2

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    I’d have Mike Flynn over Bellamy any day of the week.

  3. #3

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    No way Flynn! He'd be trouble.

  4. #4

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    No way Flynn! He'd be trouble.
    Why?

  5. #5

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..
    Young, experience playing at the top level and from what everybody says, has been learning from some top managers as he goes. Got the drive and determination and desire to make changes to the way the club is run in terms of pathway to the first team. Will have the instant respect of the dressing room in a way that a League 2 manager definitely won't.

  6. #6

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..
    Ballsing it up? They won their league

  7. #7

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..
    Perhaps Chelsea should have employed Mike Flynn instead of Frank Lampard then

  8. #8

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps Chelsea should have employed Mike Flynn instead of Frank Lampard then
    That made laugh .

  9. #9

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Ive been impressed with Bellamy when hes on Sky. Talks a good game.

    Mike Flynn FFS seriously. Lets bring in Slade as DOF while we are at it.

    It wont be either but cmon Bellamy or Mike Flynn. Bellamy its a no contest.

  10. #10

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..
    It's a fair question. I think that the interview he gave to The Times has swayed a few and his appearances on Sky, to be fair to him, he does speak well and is articulate when talking about football, he has a way of captivating the audience with his no bullshit mantra, Roy Keane was pretty good at it for a while as was Martin o Neil, all three of them in different ways. Football fans love it, it plays to our emotions and makes us believe that their certainty and no 'grey areas' attitude is exactly what we need. The reality is that it doesn't always transfer itself into the realities of everyday management. I'm not saying that Bellamy wouldn't make a good manager, i just don't know as there is zero evidence (apart from rhetoric) that says he would be. Atleast Flynn has some form.

  11. #11

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps Chelsea should have employed Mike Flynn instead of Frank Lampard then
    Just because a player has played at a high level, doesn’t mean they will be a good manager I.e. Tony Adams, Roy Keane etc.

    But from what I understand of Bellamy, he’s well thought of as a coach with decent ideas and he would initially command the respect of the changing room as a result of his playing career. It would be a risk but manager’s have to start somewhere like Lampard at Derby, and Bellamy would have the advantage of knowing Tan, Dalman etc and the academy/development team set up.

    Still my choice would be Jokanovic but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we went with Bellamy.
    Last edited by Stavross1927; 11-11-19 at 21:54. Reason: Missed word

  12. #12

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps Chelsea should have employed Mike Flynn instead of Frank Lampard then
    😂😂😂

  13. #13

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Noticed a few saying they want Bellamy but scoff at Mike Flynn.
    What has Bellers done as a manager?
    Mike Flynn although not my choice whose to say with better players and a better budget he couldn't do well?
    Bellamy couldn't manage the academy team without ballsing it up..
    Pashun like

  14. #14

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Just because a player has played at a high level, doesn’t mean they will be a good manager I.e. Tony Adams, Roy Keane etc.

    But from what I understand of Bellamy, he’s well thought of as a coach with decent ideas and he would initially command the respect of the changing room as a result of his playing career. It would be a risk but manager’s have to start somewhere like Lampard at Derby, and Bellamy would have the advantage of knowing Tan, Dalman etc and the academy/development team set up.

    Still my choice would be Jokanovic but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we went with Bellamy.
    I know that, I was just being flippant. I remember when Lampard got the Derby and Chelsea jobs you had people saying the same thing ie he’s never managed, he should start lower down the leagues, it’s too early for a top job.etc?

    Why? If youve been a top or world class footballer then why is too early? Most world class footballers don’t have to work their way through the leagues as players, so why should they as managers?

    Top players struggle as managers when they are dealing with players at a level they are not used to.

    As for Tony Adams, he’s stark raving bonkers. He was a pundit on the Leicester game Saturday night. Should have been sectioned years ago.

  15. #15

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    He's passionate. He's Premier League. He's from Cardiff.

    It's not enough to convince me. But I get it. If he did somehow get the job, I'd be interested more than anything. I suppose I'm ambivalent.

  16. #16

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Oh, and that goal against the JBs.

  17. #17

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    It would piss off the Daily Mail as well.

    Cmon City appoint Bellamy.

  18. #18

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps Chelsea should have employed Mike Flynn instead of Frank Lampard then
    Lampard did well with Derby in the championship before Chelsea. Bellamy?
    Hartley i'm sure you wouldn't really want Bellers? Or is your decent football knowledge not what it used to be

  19. #19

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Lampard did well with Derby in the championship before Chelsea. Bellamy?
    Hartley i'm sure you wouldn't really want Bellers? Or is your decent football knowledge not what it used to be
    So why cant Bellamy do a good job at Cardiff like Lampard at Derby.?

  20. #20

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So why cant Bellamy do a good job at Cardiff like Lampard at Derby.?
    We could have applied that sort of argument to Ole.

  21. #21

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ive been impressed with Bellamy when hes on Sky. Talks a good game.

    Mike Flynn FFS seriously. Lets bring in Slade as DOF while we are at it.

    It wont be either but cmon Bellamy or Mike Flynn. Bellamy its a no contest.
    You FFS seriously. You and that Bowie avatar fecker should do some research.

    MF has done an incredible job at County. He’s doing much better than Warnock is in his respective league with an equivalent transfer and wage bill much smaller than that of NW.

    They’ve challenged towards the top of the league for the last two or three seasons and have had cup runs in consecutive years. All this with one of the lowest budgets in the lowest league.

    To write the guy off is just snobbery, arrogance and ignorance.

  22. #22

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You FFS seriously. You and that Bowie avatar fecker should do some research.

    MF has done an incredible job at County. He’s doing much better than Warnock is in his respective league with an equivalent transfer and wage bill much smaller than that of NW.

    They’ve challenged towards the top of the league for the last two or three seasons and have had cup runs in consecutive years. All this with one of the lowest budgets in the lowest league.

    To write the guy off is just snobbery, arrogance and ignorance.
    His football is ****ing awful.

    Genuinely be disappointed if that’s the level of ambition we show, might be a cracking guy but we’ve got a clean break and need to make a decent appointment here.

  23. #23

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    His football is ****ing awful.

    Genuinely be disappointed if that’s the level of ambition we show, might be a cracking guy but we’ve got a clean break and need to make a decent appointment here.
    As bad as Warnock? Please tell me you weren’t an advocate of Warnock.

    Have you watched them much? Or is this second hand info from one source?

  24. #24

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You FFS seriously. You and that Bowie avatar fecker should do some research.

    MF has done an incredible job at County. He’s doing much better than Warnock is in his respective league with an equivalent transfer and wage bill much smaller than that of NW.

    They’ve challenged towards the top of the league for the last two or three seasons and have had cup runs in consecutive years. All this with one of the lowest budgets in the lowest league.

    To write the guy off is just snobbery, arrogance and ignorance.
    He’s done **** all to qualify him for this job. He’s in league 2 FFS.

    If he’d won the play off final I could see an argument, but he’s shown nothing to say he’d do well here. You don’t hire managers because of a couple of cup runs.

    We need to push on and stop looking down all the time. If we don’t get an embargo we can use the parachute payments to develop a great squad and get back in the PL, that’s not going to happen with under qualified league 2 managers

  25. #25

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Bellamy is passionate. Welsh (which sure isn't really a factor, but is nice to give it to a Welshman). Played at the top level. Enthusiastic. Has good football knowledge. But most importantly seems as though he will give youth a real chance!

  26. #26

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Lampard did well with Derby in the championship before Chelsea. Bellamy?
    Hartley i'm sure you wouldn't really want Bellers? Or is your decent football knowledge not what it used to be
    Why cant Bellamy start with us like Lampard did with Derby? If anything Derby are a bigger club than Cardiff?

    Dont matter anyway, looks like the club are going with the cheap option of Neil Harris. That should make you happy. Hes got 4 years managerial experience after all.

  27. #27

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why cant Bellamy start with us like Lampard did with Derby? If anything Derby are a bigger club than Cardiff?

    Dont matter anyway, looks like the club are going with the cheap option of Neil Harris. That should make you happy. Hes got 4 years managerial experience after all.
    Agree, why not Bellamy - might be the best thing the club has ever done or might be a disaster, every managerial appointment is a bit of a gamble - but at least Bellamy would be afforded some time by the fans because of his links to us. If it's Neil Harris and he gets off to a bad start there will be baying for his blood very quickly as it appears a pretty uninspiring appointment . Same with Flynn who is doing a decent job at County on no budget but I gather the football style is very much similar to ours and he also has no experience managing in the Championship, same as Bellamy.

    Maybe we should ask the Jacks for help, they mostly do pretty well with their left field managerial appointments!

  28. #28

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why cant Bellamy start with us like Lampard did with Derby? If anything Derby are a bigger club than Cardiff?

    Dont matter anyway, looks like the club are going with the cheap option of Neil Harris. That should make you happy. Hes got 4 years managerial experience after all.
    No my choice would be Houghton , The ex Fulham fella or Brentfords manager..
    Bellamy would get my support though like any manager they bring in

  29. #29

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree, why not Bellamy - might be the best thing the club has ever done or might be a disaster, every managerial appointment is a bit of a gamble - but at least Bellamy would be afforded some time by the fans because of his links to us. If it's Neil Harris and he gets off to a bad start there will be baying for his blood very quickly as it appears a pretty uninspiring appointment . Same with Flynn who is doing a decent job at County on no budget but I gather the football style is very much similar to ours and he also has no experience managing in the Championship, same as Bellamy.

    Maybe we should ask the Jacks for help, they mostly do pretty well with their left field managerial appointments!
    yeah , that American guy was an inspirational choice.

  30. #30

    Re: Why Bellamy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As bad as Warnock? Please tell me you weren’t an advocate of Warnock.

    Have you watched them much? Or is this second hand info from one source?
    They are direct. That for me says all I need to know.

    I want our midfielders to crane their necks back in and pass the ball a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •