Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
Just because a player has played at a high level, doesn’t mean they will be a good manager I.e. Tony Adams, Roy Keane etc.

But from what I understand of Bellamy, he’s well thought of as a coach with decent ideas and he would initially command the respect of the changing room as a result of his playing career. It would be a risk but manager’s have to start somewhere like Lampard at Derby, and Bellamy would have the advantage of knowing Tan, Dalman etc and the academy/development team set up.

Still my choice would be Jokanovic but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we went with Bellamy.
I know that, I was just being flippant. I remember when Lampard got the Derby and Chelsea jobs you had people saying the same thing ie he’s never managed, he should start lower down the leagues, it’s too early for a top job.etc?

Why? If youve been a top or world class footballer then why is too early? Most world class footballers don’t have to work their way through the leagues as players, so why should they as managers?

Top players struggle as managers when they are dealing with players at a level they are not used to.

As for Tony Adams, he’s stark raving bonkers. He was a pundit on the Leicester game Saturday night. Should have been sectioned years ago.