+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Bellamy?

Re: Why Bellamy?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Lampard did well with Derby in the championship before Chelsea. Bellamy?
    Hartley i'm sure you wouldn't really want Bellers? Or is your decent football knowledge not what it used to be
    Why cant Bellamy start with us like Lampard did with Derby? If anything Derby are a bigger club than Cardiff?

Dont matter anyway, looks like the club are going with the cheap option of Neil Harris. That should make you happy. Hes got 4 years managerial experience after all.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why cant Bellamy start with us like Lampard did with Derby? If anything Derby are a bigger club than Cardiff?

Dont matter anyway, looks like the club are going with the cheap option of Neil Harris. That should make you happy. Hes got 4 years managerial experience after all.
    Agree, why not Bellamy - might be the best thing the club has ever done or might be a disaster, every managerial appointment is a bit of a gamble - but at least Bellamy would be afforded some time by the fans because of his links to us. If it's Neil Harris and he gets off to a bad start there will be baying for his blood very quickly as it appears a pretty uninspiring appointment . Same with Flynn who is doing a decent job at County on no budget but I gather the football style is very much similar to ours and he also has no experience managing in the Championship, same as Bellamy.

Maybe we should ask the Jacks for help, they mostly do pretty well with their left field managerial appointments!

No my choice would be Houghton , The ex Fulham fella or Brentfords manager..
    Bellamy would get my support though like any manager they bring in

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree, why not Bellamy - might be the best thing the club has ever done or might be a disaster, every managerial appointment is a bit of a gamble - but at least Bellamy would be afforded some time by the fans because of his links to us. If it's Neil Harris and he gets off to a bad start there will be baying for his blood very quickly as it appears a pretty uninspiring appointment . Same with Flynn who is doing a decent job at County on no budget but I gather the football style is very much similar to ours and he also has no experience managing in the Championship, same as Bellamy.

Maybe we should ask the Jacks for help, they mostly do pretty well with their left field managerial appointments!
    yeah , that American guy was an inspirational choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As bad as Warnock? Please tell me you weren’t an advocate of Warnock.

Have you watched them much? Or is this second hand info from one source?
    They are direct. That for me says all I need to know.

I want our midfielders to crane their necks back in and pass the ball a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a fair question. I think that the interview he gave to The Times has swayed a few and his appearances on Sky, to be fair to him, he does speak well and is articulate when talking about football, he has a way of captivating the audience with his no bullshit mantra, Roy Keane was pretty good at it for a while as was Martin o Neil, all three of them in different ways. Football fans love it, it plays to our emotions and makes us believe that their certainty and no 'grey areas' attitude is exactly what we need. The reality is that it doesn't always transfer itself into the realities of everyday management. I'm not saying that Bellamy wouldn't make a good manager, i just don't know as there is zero evidence (apart from rhetoric) that says he would be. Atleast Flynn has some form.
    In division 2.
    No one seems to want to mention the obvious benefit of attracting players who would seriously be "on the fence" about joining this club. Something we would experience a lot under Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As bad as Warnock? Please tell me you weren’t an advocate of Warnock.

Have you watched them much? Or is this second hand info from one source?
    Whenever I’ve seen them either live or highlights they seem to be team that play quite long. They have the worst possession stats in the division, 2nd in aerial win % and 2nd worst in the league (City are bottom) in terms of pass completion.

I’d say Millwall under Harris were very much in the mould of Warnock at City, so he would be a good short term fix as the style wouldn’t change but won’t play the attacking football Dalman said they were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    In division 2.
    No one seems to want to mention the obvious benefit of attracting players who would seriously be "on the fence" about joining this club. Something we would experience a lot under Flynn
    So would anyone sign because Neil Harris is the manager?

Flynn has done a remarkable job at County and the lengths that people are going to so they can discredit him are remarkable. I don’t really want him but he’s a better option than Neil Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So would anyone sign because Neil Harris is the manager?

Flynn has done a remarkable job at County and the lengths that people are going to so they can discredit him are remarkable. I don’t really want him but he’s a better option than Neil Harris.
    I dont want either of them, I think we can aim higher than both, but why is he a better option than Harris?

They seem very similair managers, who set their sides up with the emphasis on hard work and determination, having to punch above their weight and budget in their respective leagues, both had decent cup runs, both had a playing connection to the club they managed,etc.etc

The only difference I can see is Harris has managed at a higher level and has experience at Championship level too.

I dont want either of them, I think we can aim higher than both, but why is he a better option than Harris?

They seem very similair managers, who set their sides up with the emphasis on hard work and determination, having to punch above their weight and budget in their respective leagues, both had decent cup runs, both had a playing connection to the club they managed,etc.etc

The only difference I can see is Harris has managed at a higher level and has experience at Championship level too.
    Nobody would be talking about Flynn if he didn't currently manage a club 15 miles down the road.

Craig Bellamy would be an exciting, reinvigorating appointment. Neil Harris would not.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nobody would be talking about Flynn if he didn't currently manage a club 15 miles down the road.
    Is correct. The same way that people talk about getting ledley etc back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Clutching at straws there pal. Their managerial recruitment has been really really good. I’d love us to be as progressive

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Clutching at straws there pal. Their managerial recruitment has been really really good. I’d love us to be as progressive
    You rated him?

As do Papua New Guinea where i believe he works these days.

To the pro Mike Flynners - Would he even be spoken about if he was the English manager of Colchester or Cheltenham with a similar recent record, and currently 7th in League 2? And if he was in the frame would you want him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He did pretty well this year. P34 W21 D9 L4

Harris just really doesn’t inspire me at all. I don’t want either and Bowyer is a scum bag. Flynn has done a remarkable job at Newport though and there aren’t too many managers pulling up trees in the lower divisions.