+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Neil Warnock had to go amid tensions behind the scenes at Cardiff City

Why Neil Warnock had to go amid tensions behind the scenes at Cardiff City

Warnock’s rapport with agent Willie McKay, who had involvement in the Emiliano Sala deal, hasn’t sat comfortably with the Cardiff hierarchy. Let’s just say there has been a bit of tension.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ncent-17240502

It's worth reading the entire article, but the above quote jumped out at me.

Re: Why Neil Warnock had to go amid tensions behind the scenes at Cardiff City

This one stands out for me:

"Bellamy’s words will have resonated with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan, who wants a business model which sees the best Welsh teenagers developed at the capital city club."

Good to know if true.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's worth reading the entire article, but the above quote jumped out at me.
    This has been the enormous elephant in the room throughout 2019. Considering the way in which Tan went after Mackay when he thought he was being ripped off and his previous comments about football agents, I'm amazed he's been so restrained (publicly, at least) with regard to the Warnock/McKay situation. It can't have pleased him, to say the least.

This is an amusing article in retrospect. Walesonline getting to the truth of the matter as always.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...6uE9W_qEHERqCw

“And only last week Bluebirds legend Craig Bellamy kind of embarrassed Warnock by saying more home-grown talent should have been brought through by the manager. Which it should have“

“But against sides adopting a quicker, more adventurous game, prepared to utilise overlapping full-backs and move the ball around, Cardiff have looked one-paced, defensive minded and old fashioned.”