+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock - thanks

Warnock - thanks

I, for one, am sad to see Warnock go, despite the timing probably being right.

Whereas this season has been disappointing, it is important to remember how he transformed the club after the utter dross of the Slade/Trollope years.

He genuinely delivered hope and I was proud again to support Cardiff City, even when we’re up against it week after week last season.

The football may not have been of Klopp-like standards but it was undoubtedly exciting going to every match knowing that we’d give anyone a good game, and more often than not come away with the points, certainly in his first two seasons.

Good luck to him.

Re: Warnock - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Whereas this season has been disappointing, it is important to remember how he transformed the club after the utter dross of the Slade/Trollope years.

He genuinely delivered hope and I was proud again to support Cardiff City, even when we’re up against it week after week last season.

The football may not have been of Klopp-like standards but it was undoubtedly exciting going to every match knowing that we’d give anyone a good game, and more often than not come away with the points, certainly in his first two seasons.

Good luck to him.
    I echo your thoughts exactly

Warnock was like marmite lol but you couldn’t help but love his passion!!
    Although sad to see him go he deserves his place in Cardiff’s managerial hall of fame ⚽️😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Good luck to him.
    Agree 100% with that, it probably was the right time for him to go but I am sad he's left and hope he goes on to do a good job somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree 100% with that, it probably was the right time for him to go but I am sad he's left and hope he goes on to do a good job somewhere else.
    Best manager we have had in bloody years

I hope he hangs up his coat now and enjoys time with his family , with fond memories of the fantastic job he did for this club

Bluebirds

He did a fantastic job in our promotion season, we got across the line ahead of Fulham despite their incredible run where they seemed to win without fail every week, yet Warnock remained calm and always seemed assured that we would get over that promotion line before them, even to the last game. The transformation from under Paul Trollope was amazing and what 2 great signings on frees were Bamba and Hoillet. The biggest disappointment of his time here is that despite all the millions spent since promotion they are probably still our 2 best players.

It was the right time but he deserves all the plaudits and gave us 2 very entertaining seasons

How many thank you threads do we need?

Thanks Neil for bringing the club together and thanks for the success. Good luck in your next venture.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many thank you threads do we need?
    Bobby Dandruff's thanks are special

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

There’s about 5 threads that could be in the Warnocks gone thread.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    😋😋