+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

That’s according to Mehmet, on radio Wales.

He also stated that they’re looking for a younger manager, with a more attacking style of play (he used the words offensive style of play)

Re: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

The club have obviously planned their strategy moving forward with the Bristol result being the catalyst.
    Moving swiftly during the international break makes complete sense and can only be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

He also stated that they’re looking for a younger manager, with a more attacking style of play (he used the words offensive style of play)
    Maybe he means they're going to smoke fags in the tunnel and say racist stuff

This may explain why it seemed to be business as usual from Neil Warnock right up to Sunday's game and then, suddenly, he's gone - that sounds to me like they already had someone lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Maybe he means they're going to smoke fags in the tunnel and say racist stuff
    I thought it was a strange choice of word, that’s why I changed it

It’s going to be Flynn isn’t it?

Glen Williams of Wales Online (who was saying early yesterday that Warnock was discussing January signings with the club!) has just tweeted that City have narrowed it down to a choice between Neil Harris and Lee Bowyer - if that's true, I hope we go for the latter because, based on Harris' Millwall, the former would represent more of the same.

Hmmmm looking for a younger manager than Neil Warnock, I suppose that’s the easy bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It’s going to be Flynn isn’t it?
    F ucking hope not !!!!!!!

Talking to ex Cardiff players who have watched Newport this season, they all agree it’s dire football

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glen Williams of Wales Online (who was saying early yesterday that Warnock was discussing January signings with the club!) has just tweeted that City have narrowed it down to a choice between Neil Harris and Lee Bowyer - if that's true, I hope we go for the latter because, based on Harris' Millwall, the former would represent more of the same.
    I'm not Lee Bowyer's biggest fan as a human being but as a manager he's done a great job and Charlton play some decent stuff. Would also make it quite interesting that his first match would be against his old club.

All the signs are pointing to Harris though which would be a strange appointment for me.

Take the WO with a pinch of salt, they wrote this yesterday

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...uture-17235910

The Dalman – Charlton link makes Bowyer a possibility.

I'd be surprised if its anyone on that sky bet list, particularly if Vincent is more involved. It could literally be anyone.

Harris would be a strange one, not done a bad job at Wall but my initial thoughts are it would be a similar style. Maybe that's not the case though, surely there's a friendly wall fan out there who can let us know.

need some offensive style players then

I was up on level 3 Sunday and the man of the match (marlon pack) took an eternity to come up.
    Normally man of the match is up there within 5/10 minutes of the final whistle but it was more like half an hour.
    Maybe Warnock already knew and told the players after the game?

A mate of mine said before the game Warnock was leaving win, lose or draw.
    Thought it was a load of shite.

I have a feeling it will be Harris. Millwall were a team setup very similar to Cardiff who gift possession to the opponent aiming to counter. It would just represent more of the same rather than a changing of philosophy that most here are looking for.

If it is down to just Harris and Bowyer, can't believe everything in the papers, then I certainly hope it's the latter.

You'd think there'd be some talk on the Charlton forum if this rumor had any truth. There's nothing. It'll be Harris. 100% underwhelming.

Either would be okay. They'd probably be on my short list together with Chris Hughton, who'd be my number one.
    I'm a bit concerned about reports that Mr Tan is going to get involved in the footballing side of things, because we've had that problem before.
    I hope it's not going to be a yes man who'll just go on the attack in a naive way

IMG_20191105_111219.jpg

Harris' Millwall are the closest team in style to us so far this season

Dalman has just been on talkSPORT and now they're reporting that Neil Harris is our first choice candidate.

International

If they have already been looking why has there been none of the usual reports about clubs giving other clubs permission to talk to their manager etc? There has been nothing at all.
    Might that suggest someone not currently managing in the FL?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If they have already been looking why has there been none of the usual reports about clubs giving other clubs permission to talk to their manager etc? There has been nothing at all.
    Might that suggest someone not currently managing in the FL?
    Like Neil Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Let’s hope that’s true....Nathan Jones or bellers maybe.....