+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was Neil W appointment......

Was Neil W appointment......

a suprise when it happened (out of the blue) i cant remember?

Re: Was Neil W appointment......

A relief more than anything if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    a suprise when it happened (out of the blue) i cant remember?
    Trollope went on the Tuesday and we appointed Warnock on Wednesday.

I seem to remember the Message boards were full of comments wanting Warnock. If my memory serves me well, i vaguely remember Salman saying that the Club have given the fans what they wanted.

If that is still the case, i hope the Club do their best to lure Jokanovic or Hughton.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I seem to remember the Message boards were full of comments wanting Warnock. If my memory serves me well, i vaguely remember Salman saying that the Club have given the fans what they wanted.

If that is still the case, i hope the Club do their best to lure Jokanovic or Hughton.
    I don’t get this. One plays attacking football the other defensive football, surely it makes sense to have some sort of direction with where you want us to go?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don’t get this. One plays attacking football the other defensive football, surely it makes sense to have some sort of direction with where you want us to go?
    Hughton may play defensive football in the PL but in his two full seasons in the Championship with Brighton they were joint top goal scorers (15/16) and 5th top scorers (16/17).
    His one full season as Birmingham manager saw them 4th top goal scorers and of course that Newcastle 09/10 side were top.

In fact, when he’s had a full season in the Championship (1x Newcastle, 1x Brum, 2x Brighton), he hasn’t finished below 4th.

He’s got what it takes in this league for sure, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him here.

I can't recall any surprise at the news, there were a few calling for Bellamy to take over but Warnock was a pretty popular choice and was the expected choice

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Hughton may play defensive football in the PL but in his two full seasons in the Championship with Brighton they were joint top goal scorers (15/16) and 5th top scorers (16/17).
    His one full season as Birmingham manager saw them 4th top goal scorers and of course that Newcastle 09/10 side were top.

In fact, when he’s had a full season in the Championship (1x Newcastle, 1x Brum, 2x Brighton), he hasn’t finished below 4th.

He’s got what it takes in this league for sure, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him here.
    I’m fed up of “got what it takes in this league” if it means som old manager that plays shite football. What’s the point of playing in this league if we just go up and shut up shop?

Any up and coming managers in the Welsh coaching set up?