+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris - am I missing something here?

Neil Harris - am I missing something here?

I don’t know too much about him other than what I have read since he has been linked with the vacant manager’s job, but that hasn’t been especially impressive.

Why is he being seen as the favourite for the job, as it all feels rather uninspiring and very much like a Russell Slade-type appointment.

Or am I missing something really obvious? 🤔

Re: Neil Harris - am I missing something here?

Because he’s cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t know too much about him other than what I have read since he has been linked with the vacant manager’s job, but that hasn’t been especially impressive.

Why is he being seen as the favourite for the job, as it all feels rather uninspiring and very much like a Russell Slade-type appointment.

Or am I missing something really obvious? 🤔
    Did a good job at Millwall with no money but he’ll be Warnock Mark 2 in terms of style of play. If we want to be more progressive in the way we play, then Harris is not the answer. Hopefully it’s all bollox to distract from the real target but knowing our club, it will be Harris.

No, he did marvellous things at Millwall ,which is a very difficult club and did so with meagre resources. He's ambitious and technical and he'd be a solid choice. Personally I'd go for Hughton but since so many people want a new attacking style then Harris is a good choice without going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No, he did marvellous things at Millwall ,which is a very difficult club and did so with meagre resources. He's ambitious and technical and he'd be a solid choice. Personally I'd go for Hughton but since so many people want a new attacking style then Harris is a good choice without going nuts.
    Ok thanks.

Let me look more closely then as I didn’t see anything really marvellous in what I read.

I have to say that I’m still a bit sceptically as if he is so good, then why didn’t Stoke or any other club looking for a manager snap him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Ok thanks.

Let me look more closely then as I didn’t see anything really marvellous in what I read.

I have to say that I’m still a bit sceptically as if he is so good, then why didn’t Stoke or any other club looking for a manager snap him up?
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-neil-17244146

The bit about Harris (I see no evidence that Bowyer is a genuine candidate) trying to change the way Millwall played is promising, but if, as I suspect, he would mean more of the I'll be diplomatic and say pragmatic football we've become to used to at Cardiff for too long then, here's one supporter who will be very disappointed - we may as well have kept Warnock.