+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which players will follow Sir Neil ?

Which players will follow Sir Neil ?

Sol Bamber has stated that the players let Sir Neil down. If he takes a job somewhere else I can well see him and some other players, including the captain and Junior Hoilett wanting a move.
    Which players will either want out or not be part of the new manager's plans ?

Re: Which players will follow Sir Neil ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Sol Bamber has stated that the players let Sir Neil down. If he takes a job somewhere else I can well see him and some other players, including the captain and Junior Hoilett wanting a move.
    Perhaps we could get our £6m back for Flint

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Possibly those falling under one of the two following categories

1. Sol Bamba and Junior Hoillett - brought in by NW as free transfers and who have revitalised their careers under NW.

2. Players on the books of NW`s son James - may get a chance to move elsewhere on enhanced contracts for their (and his) financial benefit. Bacuna and Morrison are two who spring to mind. Bacuna joined on (as yet) unexplained unusually lucrative terms and Morrison got a big pay rise just after changing agents to JW.

Great, we can charge over the odds for them

Will Warnock’s son remain in the academy???

None

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Will Warnock’s son remain in the academy???
    Think he's too old for the Academy team now, he's tended to be a sub for the Under 23s this season - I'll be surprised if he stays with us after Monday's news.

Hoilett
    Morrison
    Ralls maybe

I would be surprised to see any first teamers following Warnock unless he gets an unlikely gig with a bigger club.
    More to the point, since62 alluded to, there were one or two 'unusual' transfers in Warnock's reign. More may come out on this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think he's too old for the Academy team now, he's tended to be a sub for the Under 23s this season - I'll be surprised if he stays with us after Monday's news.
    Paul

You have seen far more games at this level than I have. To be fair to the young man,have you seen anything to suggest that William Warnock would hold down a place in the CCFC professional system f his dad is not the manager?

The other ones that would surely have followed NW out of the club if they had not already been persuaded to leave would be the two sons of Willie McKay. Giving them lucrative professional contracts was more fishy than Ashtons` stall in Cardiff Market and has never been explained by the manager or the club in general.

Why would they follow him to a new club? Its not like he gave them their professional debuts or anything like that. Unless he gets a job at a bigger club than us (which is highly unlikely) I can't see anyone leaving except maybe Bamba

Sol Bamba, Matthew Connolly, Lee Peltier, Lee Tomlin, Jazz Richards, Danny Ward and Omar Bogle are all out of contract at the end of this season. I could see us letting any of them leave early if they were wanted by Warnock at his new club. Maybe not Pelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    None
    Correct. Non are going to leave their lucrative contracts to go to somewhere like Barnsley or Rotherham. Even those out of contract next summer tend not to be in with Warnock, or injured. Richards, Bogle, Tomlin, Connolly. But maybe Bamba and Ward will?

Peltier strikes me as being Warnock's kind of player. Also, I could envisage Matthew Connolly being taken under Warnock's wing and getting a nice 2-year contract, without having to do much. He'll want his general, Morrison, with him. I would also pray that he could take Bennett with him too.
    Of course, this is all speculation; I think Warnock will decide to call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    None
    This.