+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris, a couple of questions.

Neil Harris, a couple of questions.

I think I'm right in saying that Millwall did not want him to go and, with that in mind, is it possible that he may have known through football's gossip network that the Cardiff job would soon be available? I'm speculating there, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere on here, the fact that we seem to be appointing a new man very quickly indicates that there has been some preparatory work done in advance by the club.

My second question relates to Mehmet Dalman's claim that we're looking for a manager whose sides have thirty five shots a game. Danny Gabbidon asked in a Tweet whether such a manager existed and I think he's got a point there, but I suppose it is possible to have that many attempts at goal in a ninety minute game if you're not bothered about whether they end up in a goal or not.

Anyway, to my question, does anyone think that Millwall were an attacking side under Neil Harris? My recollection of them in the Championship especially is that they were, understandably given their lack of spending power, quite a cautious side - based on his managerial career so far, Neil Harris looks an odd choice if the object of the exercise is to find a new manager who plays in a more attacking manner than his predecessor.

Re: Neil Harris, a couple of questions.

Why? Would be my question.

I'd like to add a question. Don't we have one of the highest shots tally in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'd like to add a question. Don't we have one of the highest shots tally in the league?
    I'm back with some stats.

4th in the league with 219.

Millwall aren't even on there because it only shows Top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm back with some stats.

4th in the league with 219.

Millwall aren't even on there because it only shows Top 20.
    Someone better tell Vincent about the shots stat quick

‘35 shots per game’ sounds like an odd sound bite like when Dalman said he felt like the ‘cat that just got the cream’.

As someone lese has posted City have the 4th most shots in the Division this season - would anyone call us an 'attacking' side ? The only time I saw Milwall was season before last. A match in the league when they played a City style but with a lot more skill, and similarly the Cup quarter final when the outplayed Brighton.
    I think a major criteria that the club will use when selecting a manager is " is he going to spend wisely and not waste £millions as the incumbent has.."

Harris won't be our next manager. I'd love to know who first brought his name up as a possible replacement because it's caused chaos. Everyone thinks he's nailed on. He isn't. Nobody has a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Harris won't be our next manager. I'd love to know who first brought his name up as a possible replacement because it's caused chaos. Everyone thinks he's nailed on. He isn't. Nobody has a clue.
    Is that just your opinion or is there more to it than that?

I thought Millwall looked decent when we played them. The moved the ball pretty well and got forward quickly. They kind of reminded me of how we looked under Warnock in 2017.

It'll be someone who is currently unattached. Maybe Harris, hopefully not Earnshaw. Maybe Karaoke or Jokanovic or Nathan Jones.

Og God just had a thought......Giggs! No.

Karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought Millwall looked decent when we played them. The moved the ball pretty well and got forward quickly. They kind of reminded me of how we looked under Warnock in 2017.
    Harris had gone at that point

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Karaoke
    He’d maybe get everyone singing from the same song sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Not this season though. They were terrible and we gave them 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not this season though. They were terrible and we gave them 2 points.
    That’s unfair. We only got 1 for the draw how did they get 2?

What have Neil Harris's signings been like. I realise he didn't have a huge bank to work with but you can still buy wisely.

One thing I do know if the majority of Millwall fans turned on him towards the end of his time there. There's something to be said about cutting your cloth accordingly but they seemed fed up of his lack of a 'Plan B' after 'Plan A: Hoof the ball down the pitch' got found out. Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    What have Neil Harris's signings been like. I realise he didn't have a huge bank to work with but you can still buy wisely.
    The general consensus is that the majority of the player Harris brought in this summer as part of his "shake up" at Millwall are shite. He didn't even play half of them that much, left them on the bench or gave them some League Cup games.

As for what style of football Harris plays...

Our football was turgid. We played League One football in the Championship. We had turned the beautiful game into something ugly; at best utilitarian. We had even made the old Wimbledon team of the 80s look like footballing sophisticates compared to us.

We had a manager who had signed players, but clearly had no idea how to best use them. We could not score goals. We could not create goals. Which was hardly surprising as we hardly ever had the ball.
    He really is Neil Warnock 2.0