I think I'm right in saying that Millwall did not want him to go and, with that in mind, is it possible that he may have known through football's gossip network that the Cardiff job would soon be available? I'm speculating there, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere on here, the fact that we seem to be appointing a new man very quickly indicates that there has been some preparatory work done in advance by the club.

My second question relates to Mehmet Dalman's claim that we're looking for a manager whose sides have thirty five shots a game. Danny Gabbidon asked in a Tweet whether such a manager existed and I think he's got a point there, but I suppose it is possible to have that many attempts at goal in a ninety minute game if you're not bothered about whether they end up in a goal or not.

Anyway, to my question, does anyone think that Millwall were an attacking side under Neil Harris? My recollection of them in the Championship especially is that they were, understandably given their lack of spending power, quite a cautious side - based on his managerial career so far, Neil Harris looks an odd choice if the object of the exercise is to find a new manager who plays in a more attacking manner than his predecessor.