+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

Re: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It won't be Bellamy as there immediately would be huge story about the recent probe into our youth system concerning his time here. At least a year has to pass, likely more, before he gets a look in because of how disruptive starting with a stink that big would be.
    Oh I totally agree, I was just trying to explain why some of us are pro Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What potential can you see? Explain it to me. His youth coaching? How much do you even know about that?

He very well might make a decent manager, but you're just taking a punt on a successful and popular footballer who happens to be from, and eventually played for Cardiff.
    If you take into account the career he has had the managers he has played under the passion he shows the punditry the understanding of the game and the local connection there has to be a lot of potential for a guy like that.

It won't be Bellamy as there immediately would be huge story about the recent probe into our youth system concerning his time here. At least a year has to pass, likely more, before he gets a look in because of how disruptive starting with a stink that big would be.
    You know that for certain do you?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    You know that for certain do you?
    I have no insider information but I observe those calling for Bellamy on this board, on twitter and on Walesonline comments section haven't referenced the recent probe. I trust that it will be factored into the boards decision making process if he is a serious candidate and my expectations are that it will put them off Bellamy at this time.

I mean it won't be Bellamy, but why do you think that probe and the recency of it matters to a lesser degree than I clearly do?

I have no insider information but I observe those calling for Bellamy on this board, on twitter and on Walesonline comments section haven't referenced the recent probe. I trust that it will be factored into the boards decision making process if he is a serious candidate and my expectations are that it will put them off Bellamy at this time.

I mean it won't be Bellamy, but why do you think that probe and the recency of it matters to a lesser degree than I clearly do?
    He was cleared of any wrongdoing. The board are the few people who know exactly what went on. If the claims aren't as bad as the daily mail would like them to be then I'm sure the board will take that into account. Also one of the premier league's most revered players chose Bellamy to be in his back room team. That tells me more about Bellamy than anything any one else comes out with.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bellamy is a talented footballer. We're looking for a manager.
    But he has played under the best, played alongside the best, achieved his UEFA badge and can easily attract players who would not normally consider Cardiff City.
    Can the same be said for Harris ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’d accept it if he was announced, but obviously there are better candidates out there that we could easily attract.

Bellamy to Cardiff could turn out to be what OGS has for UTD! But who knows.
    But do Harris or Bowyer (seems like the two front runners) seem like better candidates ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But do Harris or Bowyer (seems like the two front runners) seem like better candidates ?
    You’ve obviously seen my other reply on Harris so no for him. Bowyer? Maybe because of his experience (which isn’t a lot granted)

Honestly? No idea.

I’d take Bellamy, I’m just pointing out a few things.