+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Polite Message for the New Gaffer in Waiting

A Polite Message for the New Gaffer in Waiting

When we're on the attack and the ball goes out for a throw to us.....please for the love of god take it quickly and keep momentum going.

None of this slowing the game down and waiting for the player who can throw the ball furthest into a crowded box amounting to absolutely nothing!!

If i see one player at a throw in going for a towel to clean the ball then so help me god.....

Re: A Polite Message for the New Gaffer in Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    When we're on the attack and the ball goes out for a throw to us.....please for the love of god take it quickly and keep momentum going.

None of this slowing the game down and waiting for the player who can throw the ball furthest into a crowded box amounting to absolutely nothing!!

If i see one player at a throw in going for a towel to clean the ball then so help me god.....
    Please, somebody set fire to those bloody towels!

Sometimes it looks as though ‘idea wise’ we’ve thrown the towel in (instead of the ball)

Have we ever scored from one of those throws into the box? I can't remember one myself

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Have we ever scored from one of those throws into the box? I can't remember one myself
    Probably conceded more from them than we’ve scored

Not just me then😁Whatever next? Passing the ball.....rolling/throwing the ball out for a quick counter-attack...short corners without Flint as the target....attacking the (opposition) penalty area with ball at feet down the centre of the pitch....leaving one up front at a corner who is looking for the ball/dropping off defenders with the idea if a quick counter attack....shooting....direct free kicks on goal (not looking for Flint to head it)...4-4-2...playing Tomlin for 90 mins in a creative midfield role....Garry scoring? How's that for a Christmas shopping list? Role on Charlton. VT was there last time I went.

Talking of not slowing the game down,someone needs to have a stern talk to our ballboys..

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Talking of not slowing the game down,someone needs to have a stern talk to our ballboys..
    I don't think we've even got ballboys these days, if we do they're crap because I never see them get the ball!

This place is going to be fun over the next few months or so. There are fans who loved Warnocks style of play although most wont admit it. Some of them hate a more patient style, build up with things building up in the final third. If things don't work out after 5 or 6 games we'll have the 'Got what you wanted' cliched shit. I really believe that Warnocks style of play suits certain characteristics, politics and beliefs with some people and a more modern approach that stinks to high heaven of 'Foreigner' really pisses them off. Either that or they just think that everything was better in the 70's and 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    maybe a word to Etheridge as well, i`ve never seen a goalkeeper as slow at retrieving the ball and taking a kick, to be fair he has it down to a fine art.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    maybe a word to Etheridge as well, i`ve never seen a goalkeeper as slow at retrieving the ball and taking a kick, to be fair he has it down to a fine art.
    Never have i seen a goalkeeper who has no control of a kick from a back pass, shocking stuff, he's either overthinking it or he just doesn't have the ability to put his foot through the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Never have i seen a goalkeeper who has no control of a kick from a back pass, shocking stuff, he's either overthinking it or he just doesn't have the ability to put his foot through the ball.
    He tried to pass it out Sunday off a pass back instead of booting it, so I think somethings getting to him even if just subconsciously. He obviously hears all the jeers of opposition fans, and nearly cost us a goal Sunday because he tried to be clever and pass out.

I know our players have limitations, and if he’s doing his best by booting it out it’s surely better than trying to attempt something he isn’t skilled at doing.. picking a pass.

If there is a message it's for the club to tell the ball boys/girls what they want our team to have and the opposition team to have when the ball goes out of play. The Bristol City goal this past weekend came from an overly eager ball-boy when every regular knows our team likes to have time to set in attacking and defensive set-plays.

Someone wake our ball boys up, they must be the most dozy, useless bunch in the division.