+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Under 18s 3 Poland Under 19s 0

Wales Under 18s 3 Poland Under 19s 0

Just caught the last few minutes of this UEFA qualifier on the FAW's Facebook site, they're in a group with Poland, Russia and Kosovo with all matches being played over the coming week at Rodney Parade or Leckwith. There are five City players in the squad, but I don't know how many were involved today - I did hear that Keenan Patten scored the third goal though and that he was picked as Man of the Match by the commentators.

Re: Wales Under 18s 3 Poland Under 19s 0

I work with a few Polish lads and this morning they were saying that they'd beat us easily
    How come we are under 18's and the Poles under 19's?

Fantastic result. Let's hope our new manager has their eyes on a pathway for these youth prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I work with a few Polish lads and this morning they were saying that they'd beat us easily
    How come we are under 18's and the Poles under 19's?
    It's our under-19s too, TOBW must have had a senior moment there.

Isaak Davies, Sam Bowen and Keenan Patten all started today and Harry Pinchard came on as sub.

Russia next up, they drew 1-1 with Kosovo today. 1.00 kick off this Saturday at Leckwith Stadium. Free entry apparently.

Our under 15's also won today I see with a City player with the winning goal. I think he has a more famous older brother too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Our under 15's also won today I see with a City player with the winning goal. I think he has a more famous older brother too.
    Indeed.

http://www.fawtrust.cymru/get-inspir...s/slovwal2019/

Anyone wishing to take in some live football today before watching the Wales match can do so by going along to Leckwith Stadium for the Wales Under 19s' match with top seeds Russia (ko 1pm). Wales are top of the group after the moment following their 3-0 win over Poland and the 1-1 draw between Russia and Kosovo and their final game, against Kosovo on Tuesday, will be streamed on the FAW's Facebook page, but there will be no stream of today's match, so it seems the only way you'll get to watch is to go along to the stadium.

First Team

Any prospects from the club playing for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Any prospects from the club playing for Wales?
    Sam Bowen, Keenan Patten and Isaac Davies all started against Poland with Harry Pinchard coming on at half time for Davies - Dan Griffiths is the other City player in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's our under-19s too, TOBW must have had a senior moment there.

Isaak Davies, Sam Bowen and Keenan Patten all started today and Harry Pinchard came on as sub.

Russia next up, they drew 1-1 with Kosovo today. 1.00 kick off this Saturday at Leckwith Stadium. Free entry apparently.
    Good news for Barry Town and Penybont 😂

Was Ratcliffe in the squad ? He’s been doing well at Barry this season apparently

Man City lining up an insulting bid as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good news for Barry Town and Penybont 😂

Was Ratcliffe in the squad ? He’s been doing well at Barry this season apparently
    He's been playing for the under-21s this season, along with Coxe and Harris.

Bowen and Patten start today. Davies, Griffiths and Pinchard on the bench.

He's been playing for the under-21s this season, along with Coxe and Harris.
    Cheers 👍

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone wishing to take in some live football today before watching the Wales match can do so by going along to Leckwith Stadium for the Wales Under 19s' match with top seeds Russia (ko 1pm). Wales are top of the group after the moment following their 3-0 win over Poland and the 1-1 draw between Russia and Kosovo and their final game, against Kosovo on Tuesday, will be streamed on the FAW's Facebook page, but there will be no stream of today's match, so it seems the only way you'll get to watch is to go along to the stadium.

Neco Williams is the full-back who played for Liverpool against Arsenal in the recent Carabao Cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Neco Williams is the full-back who played for Liverpool against Arsenal in the recent Carabao Cup game.

He's a serious player as well based on today's enjoyable match which at one time saw five City players on the pitch in the second half. Williams' penalties with one of them struck high to the keeper's left and the other low to his right also hint at his quality and, although the fact that Wales scored twice from the spot might suggest they were lucky, I thought a point was the least they deserved after a tough start for them when they were reliant on some great save by keeper.Lewis Webb. Josh Adams of Brentford also took the eye on the left wing and all of the City players didn't look out of place at all with sub Dan Griffiths earning the second penalty with a fine run down the left that was ended by an obvious foul.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's a serious player as well based on today's enjoyable match which at one time saw five City players on the pitch in the second half. Williams' penalties with one of them struck high to the keeper's left and the other low to his right also hint at his quality and, although the fact that Wales scored twice from the spot might suggest they were lucky, I thought a point was the least they deserved after a tough start for them when they were reliant on some great save by keeper.Lewis Webb. Josh Adams of Brentford also took the eye on the left wing and all of the City players didn't look out of place at all with sub Dan Griffiths earning the second penalty with a fine run down the left that was ended by an obvious foul.
    Yes, it was a brilliant bit of play from Griffiths to win the second penalty. How on earth him and/or Davies didn't start is beyond me. It was a tentative selection and a very tentative first half hour but once Russia scored there was much more intent and Russia weren't comfortable trying to deal with it. An entertaining game and Wales fully deserved at least a draw, as you say.

Wales' final game in this group, against Kosovo. kicks off at 1 today - a draw will see them qualify for the next stage of the Euro age group championship, while a win will see them top the group. There is a live stream of this game, and the Under 21 match with Bosnia which kicks off at 4, on the FAW's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/FAWales/

Sam Bowen, Harry Pinchard and Dan Griffiths all start for Wales, with Isaak Davies on the bench. No sign of Keenan Patten in the squad, so he must be injured - that's a bit of a blow for Wales because he was very good in the first two games.

Great skill by Williams with that shot off the post. I can see him skipping the U21s, and going straight into the senior team.

1-0 to Wales, goal for City's Harry Pinchard.

2-0 Neco Williams penalty saved, but he knocks in the rebound.

2-0, Wales win the group and qualify for the Elite Round - Sam Bowen ran the game and was voted man of the match by the commentators.