+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else think the Bernardo Silva ban is a bit silly?

Anyone else think the Bernardo Silva ban is a bit silly?

Re: Anyone else think the Bernardo Silva ban is a bit silly?

absolutely not, how dare he have a joke with a friend,

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yes. I've no problem with a bit of education on the subject, it was foolish in my opinion but that's all. There are plenty of people out there who say things similar to what he said, they're probably not racist, just a bit stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes. I've no problem with a bit of education on the subject, it was foolish in my opinion but that's all. There are plenty of people out there who say things similar to what he said, they're probably not racist, just a bit stupid.
    They’ve known each other years, no way would Silva have meant it with any malice and I highly doubt Mendy would have taken any offence to it.

Stupid to ban and fine him imo.

Don’t think he needs educating either, he clearly knows he can’t say this to another person and was joking with a long time friend.

Bloody annoying thing is if he was Bulgarian they’d have fined him about thirty bob and taken him out for a meal and a few pints to have a chat about it😡

I think it's fine. Both he and the team can afford it, and it sets a good example. He'll probably think about things a bit more in future. In which case, it's time and money well-spent.